Lure of the lost has me lost

By rostafar2, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

So I was GM for the very first beginner game and successfully led my merry band through the story to a somewhat open ending. Now I want to continue with the pre-gen characters in the Lure of the Lost adventure as I'm hoping this will allow me as GM as well as the PCs to get to grips with the game and its mechanics.

However I'm seeking assistance and tips for how to start this new adventure and link it to the previous. Do I jump straight into the action, or should there be some back-story/summary of what has happened up until now (and also is there a gap between the adventures where the PCs did stuff in the meantime?).

Also if anyone could help me understand the pre-gen character folios as I'm not too sure, but is the final spread pages the PCs updated profile that will remain for the entire Lure of the Lost adventure? Also not too sure about how the career tree works (maybe it's explained later in the lure of the lost campaign, I've not finished reading yet), so if anyone can assist, much appreciated.

The only reason I'm continuing a beginner adventure is that we are all very new to RPGs and I'm hoping this will allow us to get to grips with Force & Destiny before we start our own adventures with personal characters rather than pre-gen.

Thanks

It's been a while, but I think Lure of the Lost pretty much continues on from where Mountaintop Rescue ended, but you can say there's a resting period if you want. If you're using a computer or tablet, you can find a scroll generator online, so you can open the session like a Star Wars movie, if you want. Generally you're going to want to reset wounds and strain on all characters, though.

Lure of the Lost is going to be a bit more open ended; the players can explore and everything will be less linear. The adventure will cover the key points, but you'll need to learn to build the world in your own words.

Ok cool, thanks for the scroll generator idea, that sounds good. Will help me to write up an intro and feel more prepared for the beginning of this new adventure. Yeah I thought that would be the case for strain and wounds but thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for the heads up, it does seem like the bridge between the beginner game and setting off on your own adventures, which is why I thought it would be good for both me and the other players. I'll need to probably prepare some more then for an appropriate ending.

Rostafar, on 18 Nov 2015 - 7:48 PM, said:Rostafar, on 18 Nov 2015 - 7:48 PM, said:

So I was GM for the very first beginner game and successfully led my merry band through the story to a somewhat open ending. Now I want to continue with the pre-gen characters in the Lure of the Lost adventure as I'm hoping this will allow me as GM as well as the PCs to get to grips with the game and its mechanics.

However I'm seeking assistance and tips for how to start this new adventure and link it to the previous. Do I jump straight into the action, or should there be some back-story/summary of what has happened up until now (and also is there a gap between the adventures where the PCs did stuff in the meantime?).

Also if anyone could help me understand the pre-gen character folios as I'm not too sure, but is the final spread pages the PCs updated profile that will remain for the entire Lure of the Lost adventure? Also not too sure about how the career tree works (maybe it's explained later in the lure of the lost campaign, I've not finished reading yet), so if anyone can assist, much appreciated.

The only reason I'm continuing a beginner adventure is that we are all very new to RPGs and I'm hoping this will allow us to get to grips with Force & Destiny before we start our own adventures with personal characters rather than pre-gen.

Thanks

The last page of the folio is there if you want to rebuild the character. So if the player playing Dao want him with brawn of 4, Presence of 1 with ranks in different skills that he has originally, that player can do it. It's optional.

For the Talent three, you can buy the top most talents, spending XP cost written on the talent box, and then you can buy talents connected to the talent you previously bought.

Edited by vilainn6