Corey Konieczka, it's dedicate to you !!

By marvincandle, in Death Angel

Hell-o

I don't want to flood this place with my ideas, but i hope things i 'll bring could interest or excite creative mind...And produce it !! :D

Here is (my) mission pack 2 ( Will it be one day ??!!) :

summary : 12 location cards , 5 terrain cards ( with one can be use as the same way as the Artefact ) and a new creature The Old One Eye.

Location card ( i don't have decide how many blip number for each corner )

" 1A " x 2 : Devasted bridge / Flooded passage

" 1B " x 2 : Highly radioactive area / Safe corridor ( i've in mind a large place with bright light where marines can stand a defensive position easily,

like AT ENTRANCE : EACH MARINE RECEIVE ONE SUPPORT TOKEN )

" 1C " x 2 : Escape pod bay / Shutdown automated factory ( a easter egg to the beloved expansion mission dreadnought for space crusade ,

with pic of a chaos dreadnought in rusty / dusty condition, still connect to computers )

" 2 " x 2 : Empty hangar / Illegal biological research complex ( a location where marines can find the Deadly Sample , an item, explain later )

" 3 " x 2 : Event shaft / Laser grid defense ( a place where Control Panel can activate a laser network against stealers, like roll dice and kill same

ennemies as the result, and a " 0 " breaks defenitively the system)

" 4 " x 2 : bio assimilation organic pool ( a sloapy tyranid nice place to be :unsure: ) / Self destruct system (for an epic mission : terminate the hulk before

he reaches his destination )

Terrain card

Cross section , with a red spawn icon , a typical cross wich miss in the death angel base game IMO.

Intersection , with a orange spawn icon , with a " T " section shape.

Armored blast door , with a yellow spawn icon . I'll see for it the pattern of the "claw door" from Space Crusade :wub: , with an effect when activate:

DISCARD THIS LOCATION ( = SEALED DOOR )

Ladder , with a green spawn icon , classic.

Deadly Sample , with a green spawn icon . Available in the biological complex , this item is win when activate ( like artifact)

EFFECT / WHEN DISCARD , KILL EVERY GENESTEALERS ENGAGED IN SAME POSITION AS THE MARINES WHO PLAY IT

And finally a carnifex VIP : The Old One Eye . Has the same "rank" as a Broodlord, 2 activations symbol and can take 3 damages ( = i mean 3 skulls or

a Claudio attack or a 3 or more flamer attack roll ). And at the end of the Event phase, roll a dice for regeneration capacity

0-1 / no effect

2-3 / discard one wound token

4-5 / discard two wouns token

I'll really hope you like some materials here, and accelarate a new expansion in the (near) future. Thanks !

I'd throw money at it.

Then again, not five minutes ago, I played a solo round using just the base game and Marine Pack 1...so I'd love more PODS.

EDIT: I will say that new terrain cards shouldnt just be blanks with icons. I feel like to have any value new terrain must feature rules or abilities to have a reason to exist. Some of your are good ideas for descriptions, but lacking anything different from the cards in the base game, they're really just substitute art work.

For example, the Cross Section could be something nasty such as: Roll a die for any Genestealer slain in this location. On a result of 0, place the genestealer on the other side of the formation at this location instead of discarding it"

Edited by Nagash1959

Yes, i understand what you mean . I just don't understand, why in the core game, locations card have the same artwork on both sides ?! It could be easy to have different looking zones on a single card... Anyway...

I would add other idea : more locations card with organics looks, a sort of version of bowel-room of the Advanced space crusade ( but not so flashyyyy, arggh :D ) and perhaps introduce y'margl genestealers too !

To be honest, what annoyed me most about terrain card layouts was that they were not mirror imaged. If I place the terrain on the right side, with the Genestealers on top of that, I can see the Threat Level icon fine, but on the left side of the formation, the same layout covers it because the Threat Meter is always in the top left corner. They should have put the Threat Meter and Terrain Icon next to each other, and revered the position on the flip side, IMO. Generally I dont like to spread the game out too much since it is already a space hog.