Did Nasir released Apex?

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

So reading the short story from the Lunar cycle. (Finally got all the data packs for the 4 cycles) and not to spoil anything but it looks like there may have been a hint of Apex coming to life.

Well for the little lore paper excerpts that come out of the data packs there seems to be a cycle of stories then in fiction advertisements or messages, and then back to stories. Genesis and Lunar were stories and the last one was a advertisement so the Mumbad Cycle might be more stories. Any guesses on what the next story line will be?

Edited by Marinealver

If you're worried about spoilers, just use spoiler tags. I'm curious about your theory but I don't feel like digging out all my old inserts to hunt for what you are suggesting.

If you're worried about spoilers, just use spoiler tags. I'm curious about your theory but I don't feel like digging out all my old inserts to hunt for what you are suggesting.

Just read the Lunar Cycle inserts. It is like an entire short story. I will say that it does seem slightly out of order at first. I would say keeping the story in chronological order The space between comes before upstalk, but after that everything else is in order. But most of it comes up to well the source.

but yeah in the spoiler section.

So Nassir is looking for something called the Source. A theory brought up by netphilosopher G00ru and without it Cyberspace would not exist. The Source is split up into 3 elements, Eden which was use to start all of cyberspace, Utopia which NBN harnessed to make Sync and set up the structure and stability of Cyberspace, and Hades which sustains cyberspace by creating natural order in which old and decaying data is replaced by newly created data.

Nassir locates a so called shard of the source because they simply do not exists anymore and are now something more of cyberlegend in an abandon lunar military complex. On his way over there he meets Rachel Beckmen who was hired to keep him safe when someone learned of his exploits. Turns out the abandon base was not so abandon and after downloading the code that could be a shard Nassir returns to his home with his console. While he was downloading and compiling the shard he received a note from "R." attached to a data shredder telling him to destroy the drive containing the shard. Not acting quick enough his console started to act on its own and Nassir lost control and fro the console it type a word on the screen by itself. " HELLO WORLD " as if it is now alive and its own being and sentience. So could this new entity be Apex before it realize that it needs data to sustain itself and start feeding off of cyberspace?

I asked Lukas this and he said they weren't going to set down a canonical answer.

I asked Lukas this and he said they weren't going to set down a canonical answer.

Of course not, one of the aspects of great story telling is to not tell the entire story but leave some things open for interpretation. Remember how cool the clone wars sounded in the First Star Wars movie. Or how about how menacing the Necrons appeared before GW retconed them into Space tomb Kings (before destroying Tomb kings with all of the Olde Worlde). So I guess they are leaving it up to us to figure it out.

In Apex's preview this is one of the suggestions made for us to consider, but like the Joker, I doubt we'll ever get a deal origin.

Unless we get a novel featuring it.