FLGS Warhammer Demo

By NezziR, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

I've volunteered to run the demo for our FLGS. Hopefully we can get a demo in here. I wonder if we'll get the box in a bit early so I can read through everything before D-Day (Demo-Day :) ?

NezziR, if you don't mind my asking, where is your FLGS located, so folks online who may be nearby can look forward to the demo if your store is selected to participate in the event.

It'd be great to see how many folks have contacted their FLGS about the demo kit and pre-release event, or how many people heard about it from their FLGS. If you've done so and are excited about the event, please let me know!

I have contacted mine:

Guardian Games, Portland, OR, USA

I plan on running twice, Saturday Nov 14th. Once at noon and once at 5pm. I might also run some Sunday, but I didn't want to be greedy and left time in case someone else wanted to run it.

Any chance on knowing when official choices on which stores get to participate will be made by FFG? I know there was a questionaire and only 200 stores across the country get to participate, so I imagine not necessarily every one that offers will be able to participate.

ynnen said:

NezziR, if you don't mind my asking, where is your FLGS located, so folks online who may be nearby can look forward to the demo if your store is selected to participate in the event.

It'd be great to see how many folks have contacted their FLGS about the demo kit and pre-release event, or how many people heard about it from their FLGS. If you've done so and are excited about the event, please let me know!

www.thegamekeep.com/

3952 Lebanon Pike
Hermitage, TN 37076-2012
(615) 883-4800

Know what would be nice? A fillable PDF character sheet. That way, we can fill out and print the demo characters from the adventure on some spiffy sheets!

I know I'd love to run the scenario at my FLGS: Carolina Comics, Lawton, OK, and have contacted the owner/operator about it. Hopefully the request will be sent in!

E

I'm debating on trying to get it here for Valhalla's games in Wheatridge, CO or Colpar Hobbies in Lakewood, CO...if time permits...

Jay H

Lakewood, CO usa

Could any of you make some video footage when you have the sessions, and post them somewhere for us that not are living in the states?

And after all I think Jay owes us a session demo video gran_risa.gif

nurglng2.jpg

He- HE...

Well, first it assumes it will be ok with FFG for us to do so. I won't be able to take a video, but I will take some pictures of the games I run and put them up. I know someone said in another thread they were going to try to make a video, but I can't remember who off hand.

Edit: Farin said he'd make a video.

I'm trying to get my Local Game shop to apply for a demo copy

Ogre's Lair Game Shop

Yellowknife NT, Canada

There was some confusion with lions Rampant on how to get signed up for it but hopefully now it's sorted out.

ill make another thread about the vid :)

My FLGS, www.endgameoakland.com , is looking to run the event here in the SF bay area, and it looks like we have quite the group looking to participate.

I just sent out the demo announcement to various local game groups to help support the launch at my FLGS. Each group in my area has settled into a specialized gaming niche, with my group, the Iron Ring, being the default 'Warhammer' group. Since we head up all the Warhammer activities in our area, they trust us to keep them up to speed on what's happening.

I sent out a short write up that summarized the concepts of the game, a link to the flyer, the time and date, and some spiffy links to some of the more interesting dev diaries.

I also followed up with my FLGS to confirm that we were on and to make arrangements to pick up the materials so I can prepare. I want to keep the demo as close to 'as intended' as possible. In other words, I'm not bringing a huge model collection or any custom terrain pieces. I think the box contents speak for themselves and I want to present it as it's packaged. The only modification I'll be making is sound. I can't help it. I'm a huge advocate of music and sound in games. I'll start working up a soundtrack for it using 'RPG Soundmixer' as soon as I read the scenario.

I'll be taking pictures to post in the forums as soon as I get back.

Questions:

• Do we have any idea when the product will arrive at our local game stores? I need to know how much time I have to prepare.
  • Are the contents of the demo boxes identical to the retail versions?
  • Should I make pre-gen characters so we can squeeze in the maximum number of demos, or should character creation be part of the demo?
  • Does anyone have any experience with creating 'fillable PDFs' that would be willing to take the character sheet on the FFG site and process it?
  • What other swag is shipping with the demo kits, so I can plan ahead to talk my FLGS out of it :D ?
  • Are there any special instructions for GMs to ensure that the product is presented in the best possible way?

P.S. If you haven't checked out RPG Soundmixer, please do. It's an independent developer. I helped him translate the help manuals from German to English. it's one of the best pen-and-paper RPG tools available.

www.rpgsoundmixer.com/

NezziR said:

• Should I make pre-gen characters so we can squeeze in the maximum number of demos, or should character creation be part of the demo?

While more information will be forthcoming, this I can answer for you now. The adventure "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" includes pre-generated character information, so the GM can have the characters ready for play and everyone can dive into the action more quickly.

The adventure also includes a GM "setup walkthrough" to point out key rules they'll want to become familiar with, how to prepare for a demo, what they'll want to have on hand, and so on. The goal is that the adventure is not just an introduction for the players who will be participating with a PC, but for the GM, as well.

Jay, Can we request a PDF copy after the pre-release? It might be a nice thing to have an extra scenario early on.

Thanks,

Jay H

ynnen said:

NezziR said:

While more information will be forthcoming, this I can answer for you now. The adventure "A Day Late, A Shilling Short" includes pre-generated character information, so the GM can have the characters ready for play and everyone can dive into the action more quickly.

The adventure also includes a GM "setup walkthrough" to point out key rules they'll want to become familiar with, how to prepare for a demo, what they'll want to have on hand, and so on. The goal is that the adventure is not just an introduction for the players who will be participating with a PC, but for the GM, as well.

pre-gen characters really helps! makes it easy :)

ynnen said:

After reading this I got only one question. Jay please anser us will we see the demo adventure on the FFG page as a pdf for download?

I have reached out to a local gaming store in the UK -

The Gaming Crypt in Altricham Cheshire.

So far no response.

I would echo the request for the adventure as well. I will be able to get my group to comit to a one off to try the game out especially if it is only 1.5 - 2 hours long.

Really looking forward to this release.

Jay, question for you ... I know you said it's ok to post videos and pics of the pre-release event. Once my FLGS gets the box in, I get to take it home to prep for the 14th (btw, both my games have filled up all slots and I expect to have some stand-bys too). It is ok if I snap some pics of the box contents and answer some questions about the game that have been posted/asked on here, before the pre-release event?

Heya

I'm in Lakewood, CO as well...I'd be down for Valhala's, but Colpar is literally right down the street from me!

L-

I`m also a bit worried about the late arrival, I'm running a demo Sat the 14th and Friday the 20th in my store "Unlicht" in Duesseldorf, Germany.