Thank god they changed its name

By plokoon9619, in Star Wars: Rebellion

First day this game was announced, it showed Mon Cala, instead of Mon Calamari

Didn't the name officially change (from Lucasfilm cannon) during the Clone Wars Cartoon?

They also changed Korriban to Moriband, which caused a lot of internet rage as well.

Still not sure why the planet name is so important. It's known as Mon Cala, Mon Cal, Mon Calamari (also the race name which is odd, hence the reason it seems incorrect), Dak, and likely a dozen other names.

Does it make a difference to gameplay?

I think for the OP and other EU fans it's just a matter of "don't fix it if it ain't broken" more than anything else. Lots of time (and money) were invested in the old universe. It's the least Lucasfilm can do to leave alone basic things like names of planets.

Now with that being said, the name was altered in the Clone Wars cartoons. Compared to all of the other now canon material that has come out, Dave Filoni, the Clone Wars and to a lesser extent Rebels have shown a lot more respect for the old EU than Marvel/Del Rey/JJ. That's kind of ironic considering how many EU fans were mad at Filoni for messing with the Mandalorian stories by Karen Traviss.

sad...I liked the first Mon Cala....

"Calamari" makes me think of eating seafood.....

sad...I liked the first Mon Cala....

"Calamari" makes me think of eating seafood.....

And the major species from that planet are sea-creatures. Interesting that Admiral Ackbar, a Mon-Calamari, was voted by the student body of Ole Miss as their new mascot, being the Ole Miss Rebels . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xq3mVgqlQg