"You" on plot cards

By rockstarms, in Rules Questions

Some plot cards say "You cannot do such and such"...do we take the "you" literally to mean just the person holding that card or does it apply to all players? I am confused, because some cards will say "House so-and-so only," so obviously, it is only that player...

Thanks!

"You" means the player who controls the card (on any card, not just plots). If a card affects all players, it will say "each player" (like Wildfire Assault).

By the way, I gather from your remark about "House so-and-so only" that you are talking about the first edition (which has its own rules section). The second edition has the loyal icon (a scroll under the faction shield) instead (it does the same). This is only a deckbuilding restriction: it doesn't stop you from taking control of an opponent's card. Luckily, the answer to your question is the same for both editions.

It mean you only.

example

Plot. Income: 5. Initiative: 11. Claim: 2. Reserve: 5. Plot deck limit: 2.

Scheme.

You cannot initiate more than 1 challenge during the challenges phase.

This one apply to you only. If it would apply to someone else. it would be writting "a player"

like this example.

Plot. Income: 4. Initiative: 2. Claim: 1. Reserve: 6. Plot deck limit: 1.

Scheme.

A player cannot initiate a or challenge unless he or she has won an challenge that phase.

In résumé: "You" represents the owner of the card.

Thank you!! :)

Khudzlin - I thought it was the 2nd edition, but I guess it is called the "Core Set."

Edited by rockstarms

Each edition (each LCG, as a matter of fact) has its own "Core Set".