Rules Question on 'The Lost Relic' threat card

By Terraneaux, in Relic

Does it discard itself after it is encountered? It doesn't say so on the card as near as I can tell...

Anyone?

I'll take a look when i get a chance (next time we crack open the game). What color is it just to quicken the search?

Orange, from the HoT expansion.

It comes from the HoT expansion but it's a red threat card, just in case you put it in the wrong deck.

It's en Encounter with Special Timing. So once drawn you place it on a space with a blue threat icon.

As stated in the rulebook (p.10), encounters typically remain in play unless stated otherwise. In this case, when resolved, a character must pass a cunning test (13) to get a relic.

Nothing else is mentionned so by the rules it remains in play. Note that it doesn't have charges like many encounters do.

We've not had it spawn yet in our games, but it seems like a pretty good way to get relics for a high Cunning character with evasive abilities (to evade the blue threat icon's card).

Edited by Oakwolf

Seems WAAAAY too powerful to stay on the board like that.

Does it discard itself after it is encountered? It doesn't say so on the card as near as I can tell...

As the other guy told you and the rulebook states that card does not fades away once it is resolved... Since it is the quickest way to try to obtain the Relic "Bones of a Fallen Saint" (the unique way possible to beat the Dark Crusade Scenario sheet) I suggest you to use and abuse of it... And pray that you or another gamer in the match doesn't draw "Warp Storm" cards or you have finished to laught !!!

Look at its "card type"... IT IS AN "ENCOUNTER - PLACE"... SO... IT REMAINS IN PLAY UNTIL ANOTHER EVENT OR CARD OR MECHANIC DESTROYS IT OR MAKE IT TO BE DISCARDED (AS FOR THE RULES)...

HAVE FUN AND TRY TO FINISH ONTO IT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN (SINCE YOU HAVE A DICE ROLL TO BEAT AND IT IS NOT SO SURE THAT YOU GAIN A RELIC EACH TIME YOU LAUNCH DICE TO BEAT IT... SO... IT IS NOT SO "POWERFUL" AS YOU STATED; EVEN IF IT STILL HAVE SOME SORT OF "POWER"... TO ME THE MOST POWERFUL CARD IS A CHAOTIC RAPTOR WHOSE CARD SAYS "EACH ENEMY WITH CUNNING STATS ON THIS TIER COMES INTO YOUR SPACE AND JOINS THE BATTLE... ADDING HIS COMBAT VALUE TO THE DICE RESULTS... ONCE I SAW IT COLLECTING A GROUP OF 8 OTHER ENEMIES AND TWO OF THEM WHERE A "CUNNING 12 BOSS" PLUS A "CUNNING 9 BOSS"... AND THE REST WERE ALL 2 OR MORE !!! IT WAS A MASSACRE !!!).