fighter sizes

By Dog0987, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Are the fighters the same ones from Armada?

also, couldnt see much regarding specific freighters (falcon, slave 1 etc), was just wondering if any were in there?

was thinking of using the miniatures for an rpg game. if fighters are same as armada, could add the rogues & villans pack i suppose

any thoughts? thanks!

Looks like it; hard to say.

The digital image looks close enough to the Armada fighters that it looks like it could be them, as some detail is invariably lost when actually printed. The Armada ones have built in pegs as part of the mold though as they are attached to bases, which these won't have. Also, since those are all digital mock ups, it is impossible to know the real scale.

I wouldn't expect to see anything more granular than 'fighter squadron' & 'bomber squadron'

the poor imperials don't even seem to have a bomber squadron. Characters will be the little carbdoard stand-ups and cards i reckon.

I wouldn't expect to see anything more granular than 'fighter squadron' & 'bomber squadron'

the poor imperials don't even seem to have a bomber squadron. Characters will be the little carbdoard stand-ups and cards i reckon.

Yeah, this is more of a Risk or Axis and Allies combat system than a Armada or X-Wing system.

Generic units with generic stats.

The size of star destroyers looks like the micro machines of Star Wars. So It can be possible that the x-wings and Tie fighters have more or less the same size as armada. In the photo with all the pieces you see:

1 Super Star Destroyer

1 Death Star (2 if you consider the other photo)

4 Star destroyers

4 Imperial carriers

16 Tie fighters

6 AT-ST

3 AT-AT

12 ground troops?

1 Calamari cruiser

1 Tantive

1 Rebel Transport

2 x-wing

2 Y-wing

2 Snowspeeder

12 ground troops?

Edited by atlantis

I can't see why they couldn't be armada fighters. Craft from the Twilight Imperium series are about as small.

I do wonder if this is going to start an avalanche of "parts requests" for the fans who want to replace their Armada CR-90s with the tiny ones from this game.

I can't see why they couldn't be armada fighters. Craft from the Twilight Imperium series are about as small.

I do wonder if this is going to start an avalanche of "parts requests" for the fans who want to replace their Armada CR-90s with the tiny ones from this game.

While it's hard to disagree with that logic (because people can be quite rabid when it comes to things like scale), the CR-90 in Rebellion appears to have no where near the level of detail that Armada contains. Plus, if you swap out CR-90's, then you're going to have a huge scale variance between that and the Imperial Raider. That would look really weird.

Bear in mind that this appears to be a strategic level game. albeit one that takes account of certain in-game 'characters' as opposed to a miniatures dame such as Armada. So an individual model would probably only represent the presence of large numbers of craft such as X-wings/Tie Fighters etc. So scale is not really of importance and in any case it would be impossible to keep to scale in a board game, even in Armada the smaller craft are way out of scale in relation to the lager ones. Look on the bright side you will be getting handfuls of still quite nice star destroyer miniatures for a fraction of the cost of the other FFG games.

It also occurs to me that if they are the same as the Armada fighters the fighter and heroes and villains expansion packs from SW:A might be useful for DIY fan based expansions. Although, since the game hasn't even been released yet it might be a bit early to be thinking of DIY expansions.

i wanted them for an rpg. i would have just used Armada, but these have walkers i could use in ground assault, plus 2 death stars!

thought if i could use the freighters expansion, it would complete a good lineup without massive expense on both Armada and this one.

so many MORE minis to paint now!