Game Board

By GrandAdmiralCrunch, in Star Wars: Rebellion

The game board looks great, but has left me wondering... How soon till they release the other half so we will have a full Galaxy to war in?

The game board looks great, but has left me wondering... How soon till they release the other half so we will have a full Galaxy to war in?

Like so many other FFG games: to get the full galaxy you need 2 core sets. ;)

Like so many other FFG games: to get the full galaxy you need 2 core sets. ;)

I just snorted Pepsi onto my computer screen. Well done

Lore wise though, the other half is the Unknown Regions and remains largely unexplored due to not containing any known reliable Hyperspace lanes

MainGalaxy.png

I'm sure expansions will add more planets. Or variations to the map.

Lore wise though, the other half is the Unknown Regions and remains largely unexplored due to not containing any known reliable Hyperspace lanes MainGalaxy.png

Cool... A chance to explore :)

Rebellion had 12 systems? (of 10 planets each maybe) but either way we all know FFG know how to cut the chaff from a game. Maybe they started with more and ended up with what we see now.

Nice , i actually thought about designing a Adaption of pc game Rebellion . Nice To see that this board Game coming out. The only thing i don't like is the small map and the small amount of Unit Types / eu Charakters. Sure expansions could handle this but let's see .. If not it might be easy to expand it with counters and a own map

Huh... The 2 pictures of the game board are different. I think the first board has a token over one of the lower planets showing it has been destroyed

Lore wise though, the other half is the Unknown Regions and remains largely unexplored due to not containing any known reliable Hyperspace lanes MainGalaxy.png

Cool... A chance to explore :)

Maybe they'll release an expansion where Grand Admiral Thrawn is subjugating them.

Looks like the board is 2x6 squares instead of standard 2x3. Can't say that I'm happy about it. For a two-player game it's way too big.

The picture is supposed to be both boards together, meaning the 2x6 board comes in two 2x3 (standard) halves. There is no missing or "soon to be released" half

Rebellion PC had an Outer Rim of mostly unexplored planets. An Outer Rim/Unknown Region expansion is possible-to-likely in probability. Otherwise, the board you see in the pic is complete w/ roughly 30 systems.

Looks like the board is 2x6 squares instead of standard 2x3. Can't say that I'm happy about it. For a two-player game it's way too big.

I thought it played up to 4?

Am I they only one that wants a dual sided gameboard, so we can choose how advanced the game session should be? (like Small World)

The game board is rather accurate to the map, with the end points for the right hand side of the board being Endor and Hoth, and Ilum and Dantooine. Now if you look in the map in this thread, you'll notice there isn't a whole bunch left to explore. I would make the assumption that any expansions for this game will be more about adding more leaders, and unit options then anything else.

wow...so many new planets that could be added!

I don't want to be a 'Negative Nelly' about this game, but the galaxy being reduced to just "thirty-two of the Star Wars galaxy's most notable systems" has me a bit unenthusiastic.

Now, I never played the computer game, and when it comes to Star Wars at the strategic level, I will admit to being a bit of a simulationist who wants something to stitch my games of Armada and X-Wing together, so perhaps I am not giving this game a fair shot for what it is.

I think this will be a standalone game without expansions, etc., which is unfortunate. But, who knows, maybe this game will have components that I can cannibalize for something more along the lines of what I am looking for. Will it be worth $100...? Remains to be seen.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

I don't want to be a 'Negative Nelly' about this game, but the galaxy being reduced to just "thirty-two of the Star Wars galaxy's most notable systems" has me a bit unenthusiastic.

Now, I never played the computer game, and when it comes to Star Wars at the strategic level, I will admit to being a bit of a simulationist who wants something to stitch my games of Armada and X-Wing together, so perhaps I am not giving this game a fair shot for what it is.

I think this will be a standalone game without expansions, etc., which is unfortunate. But, who knows, maybe this game will have components that I can cannibalize for something more along the lines of what I am looking for. Will it be worth $100...? Remains to be seen.

Reductionism is not for everyone. I've played three games of Axis and Allies 1942 Europe + Pacific and that is a week-long enjoyment each time (playing a couple of rounds a day). But I also like playing games that streamline theme and mechanics for a shorter, but enjoyable, experience. If FFG didn't streamline, they'd have another FITG and it would not sell like Rebellion. On the other side, buy the computer game off GOG.com. The PC game is immersive, offering micromanagement and scores of hours of gameplay. It's really worth it.

I thought it played up to 4?

You were deceived.

maxresdefault.jpg

You were not deceived. This game definitely plays up to four.

Edited by Doc9