So this looks like Warhammer 40k Forbidden Stars.

By rapatpamp, in Star Wars: Rebellion

My take from reading the article on it.

I've never played Twilight Struggle, but this looks more like Twilight Struggle mixed with some Forbidden Stars.

My interest has been extremely piqued.

Says 2-4 players, I wonder how the empire and rebellion are split in multiplayer games.

Says 2-4 players, I wonder how the empire and rebellion are split in multiplayer games.

Possibly teamwork?

Also: no idea of how this could look like Forbidden Stars...

It sure doesn't sound like it uses Forbidden Stars' mechanics (Which are refined StarCraft mechanics).

Edited by VikingMaekel

It took me a few minutes but I finally made the Forbidden Stars connection! It comes in a big box, just like Forbidden Stars! :)

And Imperial Assault is just Descent. I don't mind engines being recycled into a different skin.

I believe what the OP and myself have notices are the little hexagonal order markers and the asymmetrical armies. I think this has a bunch of FFG game mechanic jam fueling it. Too sad it won't be under the tree this year. But maybe the Imperial Carrier for Xwing can make it up North here.

I could be mistaken, but my guess is that those are planet/system control markers, and not order tokens. I suppose we'll see over the next few months of news.

The game must be asymmetrical in order to work (it'd be impossible otherwise to field both Empire and Rebel Alliance on the same board), but there are tons of asymmetrical games around. As for the exagonal tokens, I agree with GMmL, they look more like influence marker than order tokens

Maybe even some twilight imperium in there somewhere.

I love twilight imperium, I've scheduled it in for my all day game at Christmas with the mates. If Rebellion was out it would be on the table for sure.

Love FFG games... It's why I don't have time for an Xbox one

this will be awesome!