Ship Stores

By dragonmarkeddm, in Rogue Trader House Rules

These are some rules I've been using in my game for ship supplies. I'm tweaking them a bit, so any advice is welcome.

SHIP STORES

The following are for a more detailed set of rules for The Deep Void Run rules on page 227 of Rogue Trader. They are to be used in place of the rules as written there.

The Explorers ship holds enough supplies and fuel to last usually at least 6 months without restocking, though some smaller hauls have shorter durations and larger ships can remain in the void for a year or more. The ship stores are represented by a scale of 100 thru 0, with each point representing a number of days (depending on hull type) of travel away from port without making acquisitions to resupply. As the supplies begin to dwindle, misfortunes can happen that hamper the ship and crews efficiency and moral.

To resupply, the explorers must find a suitable anchorage and spend time and money to resupply. While in anchorage, a ship does not draw off its own stores. The amount of stores obtained are determined by the anchorage type and population and detailed on the chart below. Any damages to moral and crew population must be replenished by the normal rules on page 226 of Rogue Trader (though ignore the restocking supplies rule in the section)

A ship that is in fear of starvation and lack of a proper anchorage may ration its ship stores to stretch the ships resources. A captain my order a ship on rations and increase his Ships Store value by 2(for example, a ship that loses 1 point of stores for every 4 days now loses 1 point of stores for every 6 days). The side effect of this is that the crew’s moral still falls over time. If a ship is on rations, for every point of ship stores lost while on rations, the ship suffers a 1d5 loss in moral.

A ship that has the Extended Supply Vaults Component increases the amount of time a point of Ships Stores equals by 2 days.

Hull Type Ship Stores Capacity

Hull

1 point equals

Transport

Raider

Frigate

Light Cruiser

Cruiser

Anchorage Resupply Capacity

Anchorage Type

Acquisition Test

Stores Gained

Max Stores obtained

Uninhabited

None (Exploration Challenge) *

8 per week

Inhabited Undeveloped

10 per week

Inhabited Lightly Developed

20 per week

Inhabited Heavily Developed

30 per week

No Max

Orbital void station

+20

40 per week

No Max

*The GM uses an Exploration Challenge to determine if any useful stores are found. A simple challenge gains 8 stores per week/max 16, a taxing challenge gains 5 stores per week/ max 10, and an Involved challenge gains 2 store per week/ max 8. As ships stores dwindle, it can have an effect on the crews moral, health and performance. For every 20 points of ship stores lost, roll on the table below and determine if an effect happens. Add a cumulative +1 to the roll for each roll already made on the chart since the last resupplying of Ship Stores (for example, a ship that lost 20 points of stores since it last resupplied would roll 1d10 +0 on the chart, but if they lose a further 20 points before port, their next roll would be 1d10 +1 with the +1 coming from the roll already made on the chart)

Stores

Effect

1-5

Normal Operations onboard ship. No effect

Shipboard Sickness: A successful Challenging (+0) Medicae Test or ship suffers 1d5 crew population and moral loss.

Weary Machine Spirit: A successful Challenging (+0) Tech-Use test or the ship suffers a damaged component.

Damaged Goods: The ship suffers a loss of 50 achievement points

Shipboard Sickness: A successful Difficult (-10) Medicae Test or the ship suffers 1d5+1 crew population and moral loss.

Weary Machine Spirit: A successful Difficult (-10) Tech-Use test or the ship suffers a damaged component.

Ammo Shortage: The ship may only fire each of its weapons 3 times before the next resupply stop.

Shipboard Sickness: A successful Hard (-20) Medicae Test or the ship suffers 1d10 moral and crew population loss.

Weary Machine Spirit: A successful Hard (-20) Tech-Use test or the ship suffers a damaged component

On Reserves: On a roll of 97-100 during Shooting, the ship runs out of ammo until resupplied. Reduce Moral by 1d10

Bottom of the Barrel: Out of ammo on a roll of 85-100 during shooting until resupplied, Moral reduced by 1d10+5 per each additional point of stores loss.

A ship reduced to 0 Ship Stores is in a very dire situation. They can no longer move or maneuver and have no ammo left for defense. In addition, the ship suffers a loss of 10 crew population and a loss of 5 moral for every day the ship is a drift in the void as the crew either starve or devour each other. These ships usually are never heard from again until their hulk is found empty of all but ghost.

Nice! Good start I say, haven't read in detail but makes sense.

I hate it that u can't edit your post. There's a couple of typos I'd like to fix above. For example the second chart is suppose to say Roll instead of Stores on the top left corner. In addition, for some reason during pasting, the two paragraphs between the charts got smashed together enfadado.gif

Too open to abuse at the moment, nice start but needs refining

Bah sorry... ignore. Wrong topic!