Help with street fighter deck building

By dafidboy, in UFS Deck Building

Hi,

Could somebody please explain the difference between the normal decks (I have the Ryu Vs Akuma battle pack) and the Domination sets.

Are the ones I have out of date or are they all universal? Also can you buy A battle sheet to set the cards up on?

Cheers guys

Hey Man,

The Ryu vs Akuma BP was one of my favorite purchases...ever! For realz, it was one of the best mini-sets produced and introduced a lot of cool mechanics.

That said, any card that doesn't have a 5-point shuriken watermark isn't legal for Standard play. However, there were no cards from that Set that were banned, so they are legal for Legacy.

The Domination Set introduced some very interesting characters: **Yang**, for example. Sakura was another character that made regular Top 8 appearances in competitive play. However, as cool as this set was, alas, it carries a 4-point watermark and therefore is only legal for Legacy.

If you have interest in playing Standard (also called NewFS by most players), than i would suggest investing a box of Shadowar, SoulCal 4, and Tekken 6. I know that that is an expensive investment, so maybe start with some Boosters and a Starting character box from either Soul Cal or ShadoWar?

Seriously, NewFS is the 'ish, and you are missing out on a lot of fun if you only play Legacy (which is a different kind of fun lengua.gif ).