Finding tournamemts...?

By mikemcmann, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I am generally speaking a fan of organized play rather than just one off games. Is there some grand compilation of upcoming tourneys?

It seems that the interest (here in central Indiana) is less than stellar. On querying five of maybe seven lgs, I've encountered maybe 4 total players with only one seemingly regular one.

I traveled the world for other game systems.....is this even possible with armada? Are there events? Or is it just a home game of sorts that isnt that popular?

Help me forum gurus! You're my only........ Etc...etc...

Want a tournament? Best thing to do is reach out to your FLGS and ask to run a casual tournament. In reality, unless they are providing prize support, you could do it for little to no entry fees.

The biggest thing is to schedule it a few weeks out so you can promote it here on the boards or if there are any Facebook groups in the nearby community.

Armada is pretty small, so odds are if you haven't got people running them already, you may need to be the one to take initiative to get them going.

Excellent advice. I'm doing just that..

I'm about ready to make a cash purse tourney just to draw people to play

I just want regular opponents! Hehe....

also look around for facebook groups for your area. they are a great way to meet up with new players.