Best action for Kazuya's Lightening Uppercut

By Lunatiq, in UFS General Discussion

Hey I'm looking for suggestions for the best action to use for the combo in Lightening Uppercut.

Lunatiq said:

Hey I'm looking for suggestions for the best action to use for the combo in Lightening Uppercut.

When I used it, I had two that worked fine.

Unnatural Grace - Allows for your Uppercut to pass on a 5 check without having to commit anything, fulfills the Combo (Action) part quite nicely, and in case your Uppercut does not kill (even though it should), allows you to play more attacks (or a possible second Uppercut)

Hoping for a Challenge - Gives you a momentum on hit, forces you to play a Uppercut for a VERY high difficulty, but since you need momentum for that Powerful : 3 to matter, this works very well, and also has the bonus of being easy to pass and having a +2 Mid block.

The first is off all three of Kazuya's symbols, and I honestly feel it should be in EVERY Kazuya deck that uses the Uppercut because of that. The second is only off Chaos... like most of the Momentum acceleration.

as yes unnatural grace, that is an amazing combo.

Lunatiq said:

as yes unnatural grace, that is an amazing combo.

The best string you can get out of that is Unnatural Grace into Hoping for a Challenge'd Uppercut into ANOTHER Uppercut.

Soul wave seems like it would be a good include anyways, as it can destroy assets that can hinder you when you to attack. Stone skin is nice too as you can attack, E with it, and then play the upper as if there were not 2 cards in your CP, similar to unnatural.

Kneel before me is situational but can be the hotness to shut off pesky standoffs and the like.

Double face kick, willfull and then lightning uppercut on high speed? could work

Mordai said:

Double face kick, willfull and then lightning uppercut on high speed? could work

Ooooh, kind of expensive, but I like the cut of your gib, sir.

ROTBI said:

Mordai said:

Too unpractical for my taste. Double Face Kick is a decent throw, but if you're not taking advantage of the Multiple Throw why are you running that 2CC.

Protoaddict said:

Soul wave seems like it would be a good include anyways, as it can destroy assets that can hinder you when you to attack. Stone skin is nice too as you can attack, E with it, and then play the upper as if there were not 2 cards in your CP, similar to unnatural.

Kneel before me is situational but can be the hotness to shut off pesky standoffs and the like.

Im with Fred on this one. Soul Wave is such fantastic utility in the current meta and is great outside of the form as well. Unnatural Grace is your best option in chaos, but if youre death then you probably are already rocking more of a hybrid deck anyways. The asset destruction fits the aggro/control theme a little better and provides some much needed added flexibility.

ShippuJinrai said:

Im with Fred on this one. Soul Wave is such fantastic utility in the current meta and is great outside of the form as well. Unnatural Grace is your best option in chaos, but if youre death then you probably are already rocking more of a hybrid deck anyways. The asset destruction fits the aggro/control theme a little better and provides some much needed added flexibility.

It's a very hard to negate asset destruction - it's from the hand, not on the table, and doubles as anti-discard if your opponent runs Wipe the Floor.

For what it's worth, it's got my seal of approval.

If youre going for the kill then Ascending Zephyr will generate 2 momentum for you.

Homme Chapeau said:

ROTBI said:

Mordai said:

Too unpractical for my taste. Double Face Kick is a decent throw, but if you're not taking advantage of the Multiple Throw why are you running that 2CC.

All the other stats are solid for a throw and perhaps you know your opponent is running multiple hate.

babelfish666 said:

If youre going for the kill then Ascending Zephyr will generate 2 momentum for you.

yeah id say if i were to build the deck i would run these and 4 unnatural graces because the first uppercut is on a 5 and then you can play a second on slightly harder but then you have momentum to use for for either the first one or the second one

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

babelfish666 said:

yeah id say if i were to build the deck i would run these and 4 unnatural graces because the first uppercut is on a 5 and then you can play a second on slightly harder but then you have momentum to use for for either the first one or the second one

This is exactly what I was thinking, both these cards are wonderful for this situation.

Lunatiq said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, both these cards are wonderful for this situation.

I used Hoping because I didn't have the Zephyr's.

Unnatuaral grace, Alphard Maliki, Willful, Lighting Uppercut

darklogos said:

4card combo off a 6HSer.... =/

I guess you can BoS the Maliki..

Smazzurco said:

darklogos said:

Honestly, ain't gonna work from what I gathered. You've got as much chance of doing that than UG, LU, HfaC, LU. I did that exactly once.

Homme Chapeau said:

Smazzurco said:

darklogos said:

Honestly, ain't gonna work from what I gathered. You've got as much chance of doing that than UG, LU, HfaC, LU. I did that exactly once.

yeah thats what i was saying...

I'm just throwing out ideas. The issue was more that willful would speed pump Lighting uppercut. To me its the base practical card to play before Lightening Uppercut. I only through Unnatural grace in there to make the checks a bit easier. The throw is in there to make sure willful goes off. If your looking for something of a 2 card combo then let me know.

kind of situational...but one that i dont think anyone mentioned (didnt reread whole thread)

if your opponent has (i forget the name, the new sac-foundation rejection) or other problem foundation...KNEEL BEFORE ME > Uppercut

faithful bodyguard.

thats the one...its definately gonna be the new stall card...and with characters like omar who can get it back..or characters who can run it with G-corp leader...

It may be the "card to deal with"

Smazzurco said:

or characters who can run it with G-corp leader...

It may be the "card to deal with"

You mean like omar lol