Any tips for a Demo (because I'm a newbie to this game...)

By Emena, in General Discussion

Hi all,

So maybe a strange question, but as I have to demo this game in less than two weeks and had no clue about its existence untill I got that message today, I was wondering if any more experienced players had some usefull advise?

I'm demonstrating this game at the Spellenspektakel in the Netherlands next week and will get a copy somewhere this week. I already watched some videos to get acquinted with the basics of the gameplay (for 2 players), yet I wondered whether I need to pay extra attention to certain facets of the game? (Which probably will only show after playing the game for a longer time.)

Thanks in advance :)

Stick with the starter decks from the LTP. Don't worry about deck building.

Edited by Tekwych

Thanks for the tip, already saw that one. :)

When I taught people, I've found that going over the very basic structure of the game (objective of the game and the different phases) as fast as possible and getting into a very basic demo game as quick as possible is probably the easiest way to learn it. I think this is because all of the individual game elements are very basic but there are a lot of game elements, so its pretty easy to learn by doing and its pretty daunting just to ramble off rules.

Also, I agree with Tekwych. The starter decks are pretty good but I would probably not use the Lannister/Stark demo game. I would use the dual-house decks in the deckbuilding section. At least when I played, I felt the demo game was fairly imbalanced towards the Starks. However, the dual-house decks felt fairly balanced (except the Greyjoy/Stark deck in melee games, too much board control).