Cheap yet effective playmat!!

By Wonderbread, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

"Easy Liner" by Clorox. Cabinet liner

So I think I came across a pretty good play mat. I have played on the FFG playmats, felt, plastic tables, and most commonly of late, plywood painted black w white stars.

Playing at my friend, Tirion's, house on the plywood, a little bump wasnt a big deal. Since we were learning and just playing for fun. However i knew this would be a bigger issue at events.

My first event i got to use the ffg playmat and cardboard painted black. Both work fine but the ffg mats were much better than plywood or cardboard. Second event was felt which i thought was equal to ffg mats. The plywood at tirions would no longer be suitable. After casually searching online and through forums for a cheap option I came up empty handed.

One day as I'm putting dishes away I realize the cabinet liners in my cupboards would work great for a play mat. It is perforated which I didn't prefer but at $5 for a 6 foot roll I wasn't going to complain. On my next trip to Walmart by the section with kitchen appliances and found the cabinet liners I had used prior. I found another that is solid black about 2 millimeters thick and a 20 inch by 6 foot roll for $9. Bought two cut them to make 3x6 ft. Minimal slipping on these. Mats dont slide on table. Figures wont slide via a table bump. honestly, i feel its "stickier" than other mats I've mentioned. You cant paint them. Though a big planet i feel would effect the sticky. At 2mm thick rolling both up together about diameter of a baseball and 18 in wide. Easy to transport. Hope someone tries these and posts their thoughts.

Tried to attach photo but it was to big.