FFG not giving Prices and a Card Design to Stahleck 2015

By alextrigw, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Hi everyone,

we just got informed by Wolfgang ( the Stahleck organizer) that FFG will not provide any prices nor will the winners design a card for this years Stahleck also apparently Stahleck lost its status as european championship. This is a disgrace! The biggest and lets not kid our selfs the most competitive tournament in the world wont have FFG's support. I am really dissapointed by this decision and hope they will change their mind. This reflects very poorly on a company that not only has recieved incredible loyality from so many players (through 2 resets even) and brings out a new product which Stahleck would totally promote. I made this thread in hope that you guys will support me, maybe we get some answers as to why this is happening and hopefully FFG will show the tournament, the organizer and all the players coming from across Europe the respect they deserve.

Edited by alextrigw

What the hell is up with this? The European community is the biggest and are shoving money at you left and right. How is it that all we get in return is... nothing? Because 'MUUUUUURICA?

Agreed. What is this move supposed to accomplish?

I can understand if they want to keep the number of pending card designs small for 2.0, but stripping the tournament of its official status and the additional prize support is just plain ridiculous.

Especially considering the loyalty and the contributions of the European community to the game over the last few years.

Stop this madness, please.

I think everyone would be fine with only just one tiny simple thing: FFG admitting that Stahleck IS the European Championship. The thing is, that this is a fact and noone can take this from Wolfgang. I know it, you know it, and everyone knows it. Whoever will be that ugly rotten bastard who wins it, will be honored as the European Champion in the AGOT community. The one who wins it will be the one who can claim the title by beating the strongest tourney ever! Test your might! smile hangulatjel

I am really looking forward to getting an explanation for that move.

I dunno man. Since the acquisition FFG is behaving like an utter ox. I feel it like kick in the liver.

This decision was not done without thinking about it. It was not harsh decision, someone must purposefully decide that EU is not worth the attention, that EU is like dog who will come back when bone is offered but who you can beat however you want.

After few minutes of complete disbelief I'm calm now, however, I'm not sure I want to be treated like the last prostitute on the street. This move made big rift in my relationship with FFG.

It took so many years to recognize Stahleck as a proper tournament. Only last or the year before Staleck was finally recognized as the official European Tournament. And now they stripped us of the officiality?

FFG is pissing on the EU meta for a long time, however, this is another dimension. Just for an example, their poor tournaments kits are so overprized it's unebeliavable. The playmats from Warsaw are incredibly nice and 10 times cheaper to produce for everyone on the tournament - not just for 2 people. You know, it is not about playmats, nor FFG's glass trash nor their useless bags. It is about honor and respect.

From now on, I fear I'm unable to think about FFG positively. I'm afraid that "Sorry guys, we made mistake. Now, come on, pay more money, here is the bone" will not help.

FFG just screwed over the biggest Tournement they ever had for some ecconomical reason, About 250+ players (yes more then 250 players would be at the tournement) get the short end. Way to go FFG, especialy at the start of the launch of your new 2nd edition you alianate your playerbase.

Good start to build a playerbase with these actions and shows how serious you take europe players.

shame!!!

just because stahleck is after WORLDS!!!

hope for something better next days

Decision made by FFG for whatever reason is absolutely unbelievable. Even if I disregard matter of the utmost importance - it means respect all players, organizers and most of all Wolfgang definitely deserve - decision is completely illogical even from FFG angle of view (potential profit). I'm shocked/disappointed and at least explanation of reasoning behind would be appropriate.

Again I do not understand how could be possible to fool with an incredible loyality (even after two restarts as Alex mentioned) of great community in this way. Meaning of this totally eludes me.

Dear FFG!

The European Meta loves the game, and there are (and there will be) a lot of new AGoT 2.0 players. I play this game since 2004 (yes, more than 10 years ago) and never was so dissapointed like now. There was a game-changing rotation when CCG turns to LCG and now, when 1.0 changed to 2.0. The most of the players hold on and continued the game, because we love the world of Westeros, and AGoT one of the best hobbies for us. And, more than a single hobby with the tournaments, especially international tournaments, it is not only a hobby it is a LIFESTYLE.

Stahleck is our first important event of the year. Wolfgang is our first organizer, who have a full time job and organizes the Stahleck event in his free time not for money, but also voluntarily, zealously and perfectly! Stahleck (and Wolfgang) has indisputable worths that the European AGoT community is larger and larger and you get more and more offer for your AGot products from Europe!

There is nothing compares like a EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP so please let the Stahleck event be European Championship again!

PS : There was a SIDE EVENT in Stahleck 2014. This is Stahleck, the USE (United States of Europe) in the world of Ice and Fire!

I am looking forward to hear from you soon,
Tamás (3rd place Joust European Championship, Stahleck 2014)

I recommend people send (polite!) messages to FFG's Organised Play twitter account, @ffgop, as if they receive a lot of messages there they're most likely to see and acknowledge it. My guess is this isn't a vindictive anti-Europe move, and more just some good old-fashioned thoughtlessness. It might be too late for them to change their minds significantly regarding prize support, but at least apologising for the screw-up and providing the acknowledgment and recognition that this IS the European Championship shouldn't be too hard to push for. We're going to use the hashtag #stahleck2015 to coordinate this.

Thoughlessness? No kidding. Big company such as FFG with a bunch of executives?

Edited by aqwarty

Guys AGOT 1.0 is dead or will be dead after Worlds so that is probably why they dont want to support Stalheck 2015. As for the Europeen championship title, maybe they will host next year their own europeen championship so that why Stalheck lost its status.

Edited by vilainn6

Guys AGOT 1.0 is dead or will be dead after Worlds so that is probably why they dont want to support Stalheck 2015. As for the Europeen championship title, maybe they will host next year their own europeen championship so that why Stalheck lost its status.

This one post proves everything we accuse FFG from, and the way US guys feel supperior to EU.

There can be a US last champion, but not EU ?

Stahleck is there as the only championship for years and it gets taken away and the host disreguarded as a piece of waste ?

Worlds is tiny compared to Stahleck and thats a problem for the avarage US guy/company ?

EU got a bigger playerbase then US....

I quit playing AGOT 1.0 basically as soon as the reset was announced at Worlds 2014, so I don't have any investment in anything that is or isn't still in the pipeline for 1.0. But I remember that they said up front, a year ago , as soon as the retirement of 1.0 was announced, that support of the game would continue through Worlds 2015 but that would be the last event. Stahleck organizers should have spotted this, promoted 2014 as the final year for 1.0 and planned for 2015 to be the first championship for 2.0.

laiyna, on 26 Oct 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:laiyna, on 26 Oct 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:laiyna, on 26 Oct 2015 - 02:39 AM, said:

vilainn6, on 25 Oct 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:vilainn6, on 25 Oct 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:vilainn6, on 25 Oct 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

This one post proves everything we accuse FFG from, and the way US guys feel supperior to EU.

There can be a US last champion, but not EU ?

Stahleck is there as the only championship for years and it gets taken away and the host disreguarded as a piece of waste ?

Worlds is tiny compared to Stahleck and thats a problem for the avarage US guy/company ?

EU got a bigger playerbase then US....

First, I am french canadian, not american. Yeah I know, small difference for those of you who live in the other side of the Atlantic but North America is still 3 countries, not one big one. I never played at GenCon or at World because the travel is too expensive.

Second, It is not a question of "US is better than Europe, screw you," it is trying to understand the facts with a clear mind. Like Grimwalker said above, the end of first edition was announced to be at World 2015 a year ago. Yes they could extend it for one more week but It look like the organisers of Stahleck just screw up badly by asking last minute to support, knowing it was the last year of 1.0 OP.

Edited by vilainn6

Second, It is not a question of US is better than Europe, screw you, it is trying to understand the facts with a clear mind. Like Grimwalker said above, the end of first edition was announced to be at World 2015 a year ago. Yes they could extend it for one more week but It look like the organisers of Stahleck just screw up badly by asking last minute to support, knowing it was the last year of 1.0 OP.

So, basicly you are saing that NA Nationals (it cannot be called 'worlds' even from afar) is just better and EU and therefore does not deserve the attention (otherwise the organizers would extend it for one more week as you said).

We understand that with clear mind the same way as you did. And that is why EU is pissed off.

basicly you are saing that NA Nationals (it cannot be called 'worlds' even from afar) is just better

Dude. No. He didn't say anything like that. Nobody did.

EU and therefore does not deserve the attention (otherwise the organizers would extend it for one more week as you said).

let's break down your logic here.

1. If EU deserved the attention, the organizers would extend 1.0 OP support for one more week
  2. the organizers are not extending OP support for 1.0.
  3. therefore, EU does not deserve the attention.

No, that's cracked. Your first premise is just wrong. There are any number of reasons they wouldn't extend support for one more week, beginning with the fact that they specifically said a year ago exactly when OP support for 1.0 would end.

We understand that with clear mind the same way as you did. And that is why EU is pissed off.

No, you're not thinking clearly, because you've encrusted your mind with false premises and you're putting words in people's mouths that they never said. If you make **** up that never was said then you can't get a sound conclusion.

btw, its not extension, its revoking what they are doing.

What completely invalidates your argument....

How can you say dead with more than 250+ participants? This is the main event of the year for the European meta/community, for almost 10 years!

For FFG - All support going forward will be for AGoT v2.0. Also all support for distribution, play, and tournaments is supposed to go through the EU distributors. This could be lightning of control / contracts by companies other than FFG.

This is remarkable. Why wouldn't FFG support this fan-driven effort in every way they can? My image of FFG has changed for the worse. I seriously hope this is a mistake...