Air Yun-Seong* & Void Lizardman* - Making crap symbols fun! =D

By MarcoPulleaux, in UFS Deck Building

God...I'm lovin' these new characters :) . Unfortunately, both Kilik and Sophitia are just *insert-All/Fire.deck* at this point, so no point in posting what's otherwise a Paul Phoenix build with a head swap.

Yun-Seong brings back something I love to see:

AIR BEATS!

He is a BALANCED Lord of the Makai, and is IMO the only candidate to use Menuett Dance. I love Lizardman because Void's support was designed to work on your turn; Lizardman breaks it and makes it work on the opponent's. Nom nom, 'scuse me while I Leaping Commando Ki, I mean Keep them Down x2 your entire hand during your turn dude.

Yun-Seong*

Assets: 7

3x Eiserne Drossel 3/5 +2-MID [unique]
2x Ostrheinsburg Castle – Twilight 3/5 +3-MID [Terrain]
2x Wandering Dragon Staff 3/4 [unique]

Attacks: 17

3x Menuett Dance 6/2 [Multiple: 3]
4x Execution Technique – First Rite 4/3 +2-LOW [stun: 2]
3x Dragon Lifter 4/2 +4-MID [stun: 2]
4x Zi Mei's Wheel Kick 3/3 +2-MID [stun: 3]
3x Swing Kick 2/3 +0-LOW

Foundations: 38

4x War Between Sisters 3/5 +3-MID
4x Communing with the Ancients 3/5
4x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader 2/5 +2-HIGH
4x Stand Off 2/5 +3-MID
4x Driven by Fear 2/5 +3-MID
3x Solitary Assassin 2/5 +3-MID
4x Perfect Sense of Balance 2/5
4x Nursing a Grudge 2/5
4x Flexible Body 2/4 +3-MID
3x From the Hawk, Alertness 1/5 +3-MID

Strategy: Attack + Stun, attack + Stun, attack + Stun, blow up the world with Driven by Fear, Menuett ftw

It's a throwback to classic Air aggro, complete with Mission of Peace-esque qualities.

Communing + Twilight/Yun = pass everything, every turn.
Mishima = No momentum for the opponent, kill them if they get stupid an feed it to me
Driven = MVP of the deck.
Solitary Assassin = Because using Multiple: 1 and keeping 1 momentum is better than no Multiple at all.
Nursing = Ima get mah Stun.

Lizardman*

Characters: 4

4x Rashotep, King, Cervantes, Nina Williams 6/6 +0-MID

Assets: 3

3x Purple Army Suit 2/4 [unique]

Attacks: 17

2x King's Reverse DDT 6/2 +3-MID [Throw]
4x Wipe the Floor 5/3 +1-MID
3x Dark Geo Da Rey 5/3 +2-MID [Multiple: 1] [Ranged]
4x Spinning Demon 4/3 +1-LOW [Multiple: 1]
4x Alphard Maliki 4/2 [Throw]

Foundations: 37

4x King of the Ring 4/5 +3-MID
4x Keep Them Down 3/4
2x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader 2/5 +2-HIGH
4x Ka Technique 2/5 +3-MID
4x Paid to Protect 2/5 +3-MID
4x Enemies Now Friends 2/5 +3-HIGH
4x Chasing After the Power 2/5
4x Body of Souls 2/5
3x Undisputed Ruler 2/4
4x The Man Behind the Mask 0/5 +3-MID

Sideboard: 8

4x Martial Arts Champion 2/4
4x Valued but not Trusted 2/4

Strategy: Screw over an opponent's turn with a Low Reversal (perhaps a Throw). 2x Keep them Down = more than likely no hand. X King of the Ring = use them on their turn, use them on my turn, opponent has next to no Draw Step.

Purple Army Suit = scout for anti-discard, discard cards I know they have in hand.
Dark Geo = Kill. Great for when they have no hand (which is assumedly often)
Wipe the Floor = Discard 1, discard another if it isn't blocked, maybe discard a 3rd with Void E, all in one Reversal.
Spinning Demon = potentially discard up to 2, potentially tutor 2 chars.

Mishima = threaten momentum presence
Paid = Because ima totally savin' attacks n' not blocking ;)
Enemies Now Friends = broken in this deck <3
Body of Souls = Low attacks available every turn

Hope you guys like it. Btw...

FIRST! =D

I don't know about you, bro, but Void ain't looking crappy at all with Lizardman* behind the wheel. Wipe the Floor as a Reversal with 2 Keep them Down running with it? Yummy. gran_risa.gif I'd put more Mishima Zaibatsu Leader and Undisputed Ruler in the deck; Stun is about the only defense anyone has against Lizardman* in NewFS , and you seem to be rather short on high blocks (you only have 6 of 'em, and as you well know, you can't tank forever in this environment...). Also, no War Between Sisters for Lizardman* ? Is it because it's another 3-difficulty foundation in a deck that already has quite a few 2 checks?

As far as Yun-Seong* goes, I'm with you on everything, except the Wandering Dragon Staff . I honestly don't think it's effective enough to justify its crap stats, but maybe Menuette Dance will make it more worthwhile.

Void ONLY looks good with Lizardman behind the wheel ;)

I had more Mishima Zaibatsu Leader, but it's truly there for filler and to scare-off momentum users for being dumb enough to generate momentum (and a lot of decks depend on momentum to an extent right now). Undisputed Ruler has no block, blows itself up, and isn't ALWAYS used in matches. There aren't many high blocks I can run in Lizardman without clogging my deck with even more unnecessary filter. Plus, Lizardman doesn't have to block if he doesn't want to ;D. War Between Sisters...meh, I don't really need it, and it eats at my hand as well.

Dragon Staff is pretty much filler as well, but it serves a mini purpose of giving attacks +1 for every one that deals damage.

BAMF Yun-Seong* combo:

Attack + E, attack + E, attack + E, Driven to Clear
Menuett + Multiple: 3, Solitary Assassin to give -3 to multiple for +3 momentum, Yun Seong E, if they aren't dead, F with Yun Seong to ready and use Driven
Menuett + Multiple: 3.

Keep in mind, I can also use his F to ready Solitary Assassin, playing as many Menuetts fully-multipled as I'd like =D