Hive Mapping Question

By TicToc556, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Gentleman and the occassional Lady,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to produce a good looking Hive Map. A significant portion of my campaign is going to take place in a Hive and Id like to be able to provide my players with more than circles on a paper with my chicken scratch in them. I am working on my artistic abilities but they are no where near up to snuff. I'm not really worried about format at this point so feel free to offer up literally any idea you have. Digtial, analog, anything and on any scale. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

I make a list of the specific districts I want in the hive, and decide if I want it to be 'towering' or 'sprawling', which will determine if I make the map a side-on view or an overhead view. Then I just start sketching, blocking in the locations of the various districts. Once I have a decent layout, I set the scale based on how long I want it to take for the PCs to travel from one end of the city to the other. Then I lay in the major traffic arteries and other odds and ends (power plants, space ports, etc), and call it good...

Edited by Adeptus-B

Thanks