Pointers please: 'Showcase' simple deck lists for each faction

By SeraphTC, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Hi All,

So I've just started getting into conquest. I've purchased 3x Core sets, one of each warpack, and one deluxe expansion.

I was wondering if, using only this content, anyone could point me at some semi-competitive deck lists?

I'm just starting out so I'm not necessarily looking for the most powerful deck lists, I'd just like to sleeve and box up one balanced deck for each faction that showcases the factions strengths/weaknesses. That way I can get a good feel for each faction and decide where I'd like to focus my initial efforts.

(Is this even possible with my current collection, or am I simply not going to have enough cards to make one viable deck per faction?)

Any suggestions appreciated!

Many thanks :)

Edited by SeraphTC

Seeing as you have the entire cardpool available, I'd suggest heading over to CardGameDB.com and having a browse of decklists there - it's a much more active community site with built-in deckbuilder and published decklists :)

Seeing as you have the entire cardpool available, I'd suggest heading over to CardGameDB.com and having a browse of decklists there - it's a much more active community site with built-in deckbuilder and published decklists :)

Thanks, but the only problem with that is I'm new to Conquest. I own the cardpool, but I'm not familiar with it. I could pull out 8 decks and only be able to build 3 of them because of the way they utilise cards, which is why I was looking for some pointers :)

Oh, I see what you mean! Sorry, I misunderstood (skim-reading the OP, my fault). So you want to have all 8 decks built at the same time? Going to be tricky; not impossible but there will be some cards you'll likely want in both home and allied factions (not to mention neutral cards).

You'll certainly have enough cards to make a deck for everyone, and you can probably get them roughly balanced against each other, but making them competetive against the whole metagame while sticking to those constraints might prove more difficult. Sorry I can't offer any specific advice, I'm pretty inexperienced at Conquest deckbuiding too :)

I hadn't actually considered mixing factions - I was going to stay pure to start with and keep it fluffy/simple. Does that actually not make sense in Conquest?

I was wondering about whether I'd have enough Neutral cards....my local meta is a bunch of guys who are approaching it the same way as me for now, so I'm not too worried about global/regional meta just yet :)

Does that actually not make sense in Conquest?

It does, and can work, but having said that, most of a Faction's weaknesses can be eliminated/mitigated using allies. :)

No doubt. I do appreciate the advantages, I'm just looking to start with pure faction decks to deliberately learn their strengths and weaknesses. That way I'll get a real understanding of each faction and how they play. I can look to strengthen decks with allies at a later point. :)