LF variety of Greyjoy decks

By mojay21, in Deck Building

So I'm very new to Agot LCG and FFG in general but Ive played magic and Yu-gi-oh and thjis may be to early to ask as I only have one core set But I like they Greyjoy cards, I think Starks are weakest but not that far behind as 2-3 new cards can fix them....or break them in the next chapter pack.

My question here is what are some good Greyjoy deck builds pure or hybrid with mainly greyjoy.

I haven't seen through the greyjoys theme yet except for stealth and pillage so Im not sure what they can use for defense and how much of any character is too much or even what plots can help them. Having only 1x core deck limits my view but I want to hear from those that have went and gotten 2x or 3x core sets to actually make a tournament legal deck and maybe post some builds with their overall strategy and difficulty rating/player type geared toward(agro military/ Intrigue/Renown/Power gathering/stealth and kneel/ striking first and Etc...)

From experience playing against Greyjoy in my playgroup:

Is weak against intrigue if you play mono.

Aggro-military seems to be prevalent. Throwing axe is good early game so the opponent will think twice in defending and may help you get those unopposed challenges and power tokens off the first round.

That being said, 3 x Put to the Sword is a must to continue control midgame, just be wary of Hand's Judgement..but my friends always have his own Hand's Judgement to counter it.

We're tinkering on Greyjoy/Stark to maximize military claims but the sites sample of Baratheon/Greyjoy kneel deck is a solid stable deck also.

I like the idea of a Greyjoy/Banner Stark deck but what would the best cards to add to help with the military front to make sure put to the sword goes through in the best way possible? there are very few stark cards that look helpful and they got some intrigue problems too I think so maybe add some little bird x2-3? .

Put to the Sword can be easily achieve via Asha or Theon thru stealth early game. Just add in a token character or two to get that 5 or more strength win.

With Starks cards, Like Warm Rain is good if you can fit the wolves as Starks main in but Ice would be a better kill card.

Little Birds would help but I don't want to run them as they hmmm thematically against the whole notion of intrigueless North ^^ Catelyn would be better or Messenger Raven NW to compensate.

What I do is give up on the first (maybe up to the third) round intrigue challenge against me, that unopposed power token bonus, I can always try to steal back via power challenge. If I go first, I'd challenge for intrigue (usually Good ole Sam NW) even though its a sure loss just to kneel their intrigue character. Calm over Westeros early to mitigate the discard.

When the opponents play A Game of Thrones though usually means I don't do anything for a round ^^

As a whole GJ is a good banner but with Asha/Theon beatdown. Mono, you be needing Littlefinger or Varys to compensate.

Edited by Bayushi Bajie

I run greyjoy banner Martel the none loyal Martel cards are phenomenal at helping get unapposed challenges

I've had some success running Greyjoy/Lannister. Lanni shores up the Intrigue weaknesses inherent to Greyjoy. Plus, ya know, The Tickler and The Hound. Good stuff.