London Armada Players

By SmurfWedge, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

It's been announced here and there, but in case you missed it, we have got Q3 and possibly Q4 (if we fill up the event) tournament this Saturday at Ibuywargames in Woking.

You guys still going? Just moved to Morden and looking to get a lot more games in!

Also, which one of you is going to go down to Dark Sphere and have pointed words about organising their regional...

Hey @GammonLord - I went down there for the first time last Thursday (am Wimbledon-based for a couple of nights a week) and a really friendly bunch of chaps they were too. Unfortunately, I ended up having to play a bit of X-wing... was told their usual Armada players now go in on Wednesdays (as they used to be taking up too many tables). Howevs, looks like the Armada scene has died off there a bit, and reckon you could ask on the forum ( http://eaglegamingclub.freeforums.net/ ) if anyone was up for a Thursday game of Armada... (I'd usually say yes).

Kinda sad its died out round there, would have been very convenient for me (though Dark Sphere isnt so far).

A thursday game would be good! I cant do this thurs unfortunately but how about next? Wave 7 might be delivered by then as well!

On 21/01/2018 at 5:48 PM, Realadmiralsdoitinspace said:

Hey @GammonLord - I went down there for the first time last Thursday (am Wimbledon-based for a couple of nights a week) and a really friendly bunch of chaps they were too. Unfortunately, I ended up having to play a bit of X-wing... was told their usual Armada players now go in on Wednesdays (as they used to be taking up too many tables). Howevs, looks like the Armada scene has died off there a bit, and reckon you could ask on the forum ( http://eaglegamingclub.freeforums.net/ ) if anyone was up for a Thursday game of Armada... (I'd usually say yes).

We are still going strong- several games a week. We have a whatsapp group where we do most of the talking. PM me and I can add you if you want.

12 hours ago, GammonLord said:

Kinda sad its died out round there, would have been very convenient for me (though Dark Sphere isnt so far).

A thursday game would be good! I cant do this thurs unfortunately but how about next? Wave 7 might be delivered by then as well!

Same for you pal. Thursday games still happen, we just liked having our own night where it’s just armada too.

17 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

I've already volunteered myself (I'm the UK games thread) to see what I can find out when I'm there tomorrow.

I'll report back.

19 hours ago, GammonLord said:

There's a regular Tuesday gamers club in Enfield, but that's probably too far for you.

2 hours ago, ManInTheBox said:

I've already volunteered myself (I'm the UK games thread) to see what I can find out when I'm there tomorrow.

I'll report back.

:) this was just to get you to the thread to look at gammons post

9 hours ago, TheCallum said:

We are still going strong- several games a week. We have a whatsapp group where we do most of the talking. PM me and I can add you if you want.

Cheers! Is this the same group as the Darksphere one or different?

9 hours ago, TheCallum said:

Same for you pal. Thursday games still happen, we just liked having our own night where it’s just armada too.

Awesome! Just Armada is def better!

1 hour ago, GammonLord said:

Cheers! Is this the same group as the Darksphere one or different?

Different, we’re our own group. We play at the Spread Eagle, a pub in Wandsworth.

PM inbound!

Update on the Dark Sphere regional:

What happened to Warboar? There used to be tourneys...

6 hours ago, Coldhands said:

What happened to Warboar? There used to be tourneys...

They still have quarterly, store champs and London Masters tourneys. That's 6 a year.

Anything going on this weekend (IE tomorrow)? - gagging to get some wave 7 on the table!

2 hours ago, ManInTheBox said:

They still have quarterly, store champs and London Masters tourneys. That's 6 a year.

The last ive been to was the masters, since then, silence...

7 hours ago, Coldhands said:

The last ive been to was the masters, since then, silence...

I see what you mean. Nothing on their event page at the moment.

Hopefully it's just a slow spell and they've got stuff being planned.

Thanks again to @GammonLord and @Realadmiralsdoitinspace for coming along to The Eagle last night, was a genuine pleasure meeting you guys and welcoming you into the fold.

We have an active WhatsApp group where most games are arranged. PM myself, @TheCallum @lordpreyer or @vae if anyone here ever fancy joining us.

Fair warning: there are a lot of puns in this group..... :D :D

For some Central London love there's the CLWC (Central London Wargames Club) every Monday and Thursday, sporting a sizeable Armada group.

Very close to Mornington Crescent tube station, there's also parking available and in proper London fashion we play in the function room of a pub.

We are currently battling once again fiercely over Corellia, though have standard games and special scenarios on a regular basis.
Post or MP me for more infos :)

Edited by florianhess

Just letting any Londoners know that I’m staying a short walk from Dark Sphere. I didn’t think to bring any game components, but if anyone has two fleets worth of stuff and would like a game sometime over the next three days, say the word. ?

21 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Just letting any Londoners know that I’m staying a short walk from Dark Sphere. I didn’t think to bring any game components, but if anyone has two fleets worth of stuff and would like a game sometime over the next three days, say the word. ?

There is a store champ in Bromley tomorrow according to the UK games thread you could try asking for fleets on the facebook page if you are interested. Warboar is always a good store by all accounts.