Interaction with opponents' cards

By Asbest, in Rules Questions

Hi everyone! Noob here so show some mercy, pls. ;)

Regardless whether it makes sense or not:

1. 'Confiscation' when revealed: choose an attachment....

It doesn't specify that I am allowed to choose one of the opponents' attachments. May I?

2. 'Filthy Accusations' when revealed: choose and kneel a character...

Mine or his?

And finally the good old Milk of the poppy:

Where is it written that I am allowed to attach attachments to opponents' cards?

Hi everyone! Noob here so show some mercy, pls. ;)

Regardless whether it makes sense or not:

1. 'Confiscation' when revealed: choose an attachment....

It doesn't specify that I am allowed to choose one of the opponents' attachments. May I?

2. 'Filthy Accusations' when revealed: choose and kneel a character...

Mine or his?

And finally the good old Milk of the poppy:

Where is it written that I am allowed to attach attachments to opponents' cards?

Just to clarify, Milk doesn't explicitly state you can attach it to opponent's characters, but nor do all other attachments. There is no restriction saying you *can't*, and the rules simply state that attachments must be attached to a character, unless otherwise specified. You can play widow's wail on an opponent's character, just as you can play Milk on one of your own. Neither is (usually) the right play, but I can devise scenarios in which they are.

If an attachment could only be attached on your own character, it would have to say "A character you control only.", or, in the opposite scenario "Opponent's character only." as its play restriction.

Generally speaking, do not assume a limitation that is not specifically stated.

If a card says to "choose an attachment," there are no limits on the card to be chosen (other than that it must be an attachment, of course).

Generally speaking, do not assume a limitation that is not specifically stated.

If a card says to "choose an attachment," there are no limits on the card to be chosen (other than that it must be an attachment, of course).

So that wraps it up rather nicely: if there is no restriction printed, there is none. Thx!