By the Throne, please forgive my ignorance but...

By LETE, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Hello!

Please forgive my ignorance but I'm utterly confused by all these "patterns" (Lucius, Mezoa, etc.), added to some weapons. Could anyone care to explain - firstly, what are they, please?

Thanks!

L

What make the gun is, the equivalent to something like "Colt 1911" or "Berenger" Automatic

Thanks.

So they are like different gun models?

L

The pattern refers to the standard template pattern that is used to construct them. This partial to explain the differences between Dark Heresy weapons, and Rogue Trader weapons. A RT plasma gun is fairly different statwise from a DH plasma gun.

LETE said:

Thanks.

So they are like different gun models?

L

Indeed, you have a generic Lasgun model thats just called a Lasgun (in Dark Heresy Core Book) while a Mezota Lasgun and a Firefly Lasgun are both lasguns made to a very slightly different spec

Its a way of adding flavour to the game and giving the players some variance in guns

The pattern name is usually the world at which the weapon is made or where the design origionated from or is most commonly used. Mars, Mezoa, Ryza and Sollex are Forge worlds where the weapons probably origionated whereas the Mordian pattern powersword is probably just most popular on Mordia.

Kaihlik

Kaihlik has it's right,the pattern simply refers to the forge world of origin.