Deck Size?

By ihmcallister, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Hi Folks,

I just picked up my copy the other day, yet to play. I am a lapsed CCG player and am interested by the LCG format. I notice that the deck size for tournies is 50-100, and was curious as to which end of that spectrum people were building towards and why? My feeling is that smaller decks, 50 - 60, will be the norm but are people seeing potential in massive decks?

Cheers

Iain

I'm currently running about 60 cards in an empire/dwarf deck. I might go larger with greenskins/chos and go for more card draw.

I've been running between 69-80 with good draws and very good success. Hence my point (in a different yet similar thread) that I think this is its own game system and as such, at the moment, you can't base your expectations on previous games when it comes to deck sizes.

Of course smaller decks tend to be more focused but with so few cards available for the game right now, it's really hard to say if smaller decks will really be as effective or not. :) I suspect it'll just depend on your strategies and such. :)

Yeah I noticed that other thread about a second after I posted this one! Whoops. Thanks for the thoughts though. I suppose the fundamental point here is that as you can control card draw the size of your deck will directly relate to how much card draw you want and how reliant your deck is on seeing certain cards early in play.

More thoughts on this when I have actually played a game or two, hopefully today.

Cheers

Iain