First Tournament Kit revealed.

By godofcheese, in General Discussion

That mat does look awesome. Its way better than the store championship mat...I still want that one too though :P .

I agree, I prefer the Nights Watch winter kit mat to the store champions mat, but that doesn't stop me from wanting both.

Edited by godofcheese

I agree, I prefer the Stark winter kit mat to the store champions mat, but that doesn't stop me from wanting both.

Stark winter kit mat?

Nights watch mat. Fixed above.

How much do these normaly go for ? The Entire kit?

I believe its less than 100.00 bye is sold only to brick and mortar stores.

Think we'll ever see acrylic gold and power tokens? That's what I'd be most interested in seeing

acrylic tokens tend to be prizes at the Regional level and above in recent years.

I love the play mat. Don't really understand the decision of alternate art Tumblestone Knight as the top two prize. Why not make alternate art cards of the prominent GoT characters (Jaime, Ned, Daenerys, etc.) as top two prizes? Especially since that was one of FFGs main objectives of 2.0, to make those main characters much more prevalent and used. Why not make them the top prizes in each game night kit?

How much do these normaly go for ? The Entire kit?

It's actually $20 for an entire kit. It's rather inexpensive for a distributor (and distributor is the only one who can purchase this) because they pay for this to allure players. It comes out of their cost in the end to fund the tournament.

I love the play mat. Don't really understand the decision of alternate art Tumblestone Knight as the top two prize. Why not make alternate art cards of the prominent GoT characters (Jaime, Ned, Daenerys, etc.) as top two prizes? Especially since that was one of FFGs main objectives of 2.0, to make those main characters much more prevalent and used. Why not make them the top prizes in each game night kit?

Yeah, I don't get it either. They should have reversed them actually if they were going to use these cards. Put elements such as a plot card as a top prize that I only need a one of. Needing to win three tournaments so that I have a full set of Tumblestone Knights is a cringe worthy thought. I also agree that they should have chosen a better character choice to kick this off as well.