Question about campaign play

By Almeric, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Well, I think I have enough people on the hook to be regular players that I'm considering getting expansions, most notably RtL, but from what I've read I should get the pre-RtL expansions along with it (some more monster variety would be nice, I admit).

Now, I know that characters in RtL last through the campaign and get more powerful in some ways, but I want to know more about that. I've seen the metallic dice, which implies that you can not only buy to more than 5 power dice, but they travel with you from scenario to scenario.

What else comes with you? Do you have a persistent set of skills through the campaign? Do you get to keep any pieces of equipment between adventures? How about money? What things carry over between adventures, and what things don't?

Any info is most appreciated :)

Oh wow, ok :)

Sounds like what my players are looking for!

I'm going to send them through more normal adventures before even thinking about the long campaign, though. They need to master the basic game before adding in so much extra stuff!

Thanks for the tip :)

Yeh, get your players more experienced becuase there are a couple of nasty situations that can come up in RTL which can be very difficult for the heroes, also any time that can be saved from being experienced is a bonus :)

RtL is a lot of fun. You can not buy more than 5 power dice, but you can upgrade them from Black to Silver and from Silver to Gold.

my heroes play where they just lvl up after so many mishes and start off with more cash money...but we only have the base and Well of Darkness....so far, Muah-ha-ha-haaa

i allow my hero players to do a "save game" in between quests following the basic campaign rules. So far they are content with being able to save their skills in between quests. I've just recently gotten RtL and after reviewing the rulebook i think its also what they have been looking for. I'm holding back on rolling it out just yet though without well of darkness and those yummy treachery cards