Sleeves... All Identical For Tournements?

By paganeagle2001, in General Discussion

Just a quick question about sleeping.

If and when Tournements start for 2nd edition, do all my card backs have to be identical, as in colours.

The reason I ask is that I have my main drawn deck as X colour and my plot deck as a different colour. Odd I know but it's easier for set up.

All the best.

Richard

That should have said Sleeving, silly predictive text! Lol

All the best.

Richard

No, that is quite common, and you're well within your rights. In fact, if you like, each of your plots could have a different sleeve (I've seen that too, although you should switch up which ones are which between rounds :P ).

The only rule about sleeving is that the cards that are supposed to be hidden information cannot be marked/identifiable (and, if you're running official alt-art cards, which are printed with a different system, the sleeves must be opaque). You couldn't use two different types of sleeves for your draw deck, but your house/agenda/plots (all information that is open to you at any time) can be marked however you please.

Thanks, the reason I did this was that I got packs of 80 sleeves of 2 different colours, so 60 were for the draw deck and I had 20 over, so I just swapped the colours of the packs for the plot cards.

This way I'm not messing about at setup or take down with looking which cards to seperate.

All the best.

Richard

When I opened up my core set for the first time last week I was amazed to see that the plot cards had the same card back. Couldn't they have just had the same art, but with a different colored 'book'? That would've been helpful...

I'm guessing it might increase their production costs on chapter packs to have just a few cards with a different back (they do differently-colored backs in the asymetric games, but the numbers are more even there).