Chapter pack info

By ImDoneItsOver, in General Discussion

This Im sure has been covered but I can not at this moment find an answer. Will chapter packs include playsets of all new released cards or do you need to buy 3 CP to get the playsets?

All LCG products outside of the core sets provide full 3x playsets of all cards.

The 3x is not strictly true across all LCGs, because some games have a different playset system - Warlords (Conquest) and signature squads are x1-x4, objective sets (SW) are x2, Heroes in LOTR are 1x, and Netrunner is experimenting with playsets larger than 3 in this latest cycle - but the idea is that they certainly do include a full playset of a card in the product.

I think chapter packs will follow the 1.0 model of having 20 cards, 3 copies of each. This means a full playset of every card, unless they start messing with limits like Netrunner (the core AGOT rules allow for limits greater than 3, but no card uses that yet). That'll likely mean that you'll have 3 copies of plots, though, even if the full playset of a plot is 2 (or 1, in some cases).

They could go with 2 copies each of three plots to stay at x3 multiplier for the packs. 18x3 cards plus 3x2 plots. The real answer is we will know onces the first pack hits in a month or so.

Thanks guys

I doubt they'll go any other route than they did before, and the numbering shown on the previewed cards of the Westeros Cycle suggests a pattern of 1-20, 21-40, 41-60, etc.

Edited by Grimwalker

Yeah. Either way, the chapter packs will always have a full playset of cards.

Netrunner cycle 5 will have 6 copies of certain cards to give full playsets of those and of course LotR/Warhammer only provide one of each of certain cards since you only need one hero/commander to have a full playset.

Well the Martel deluxe box in first edition gave us 3 of each of 6 cards introduced for the new game mode kings moot. We only needed one of those,

Well the Martel deluxe box in first edition gave us 3 of each of 6 cards introduced for the new game mode kings moot. We only needed one of those,

I know Netrunner does similar things. They include a lot of 3 ofs "Limit 1 per deck" cards in many of their data packs (NR's "chapter packs"). That being said they've always included a full playset and I don't know why AGoT would be a any different.

You must mean the Greyjoy deluxe. In its first printing, all the cards in it were 1x and it included a resin Greyjoy House card. Also, the Martell deluxe (which has rules for the Civil War variant, no additional material required) had the cards 2x in its first printing. AGoT 1st edition LCG did not begin with all 3x, that only came later (3rd deluxe and 5th cycle, though they later reprinted everything with 3x, except the Core Set).

No it was the second printing I got with 3x everything It must've been the greyjoy box though it added 6 new cards like title cards that made a new 6 player variant called kingsmoot we got 3 of each of those 6 cards and we could only ever need 1

The first printing of the Greyjoy box had 1 copy of each card, including the extra titles, and a resin House card, for the same price as the other deluxe expansions. It was horrible. I'd rather have unnecessary extra copies of a few cards (plots are the most common example, with agendas as the next most common) than that.

@Tekwych: if some pack has 3 plots (or a normal plot and a 1-of plot), they could do that. There's a precedent for that in Conquest (since Warlords come with 8 squad cards). The first cycle packs have 1-22, 23-44, 45-66, 67-88, 89-110 and 111-134 (the 6th pack has 2 Warlords). Star Wars also does something similar: 1-of pods are paired together, which can increase the number of pods in a pack. If the number don't quite line up, they'll probably stick with 3 of everything, since a few extra cards are much less of a problem than missing cards.