Homebrewed Module for RtL: The Ruins of Terrinoth

By Big Remy, in Descent Home Brews

I thought I would put up a "preview" of sorts of the module for RtL I am working on called The Ruins of Terrinoth (more info about it can be found here ).

This Ruins encounter is called The Floating Bridge. It will be a Green sheild trail Ruins encounter. Here is a look at the map:

4016952267_b83a59cd7f.jpg

The goal of the encounter, apart from killing the boss (a Master Blood Ape named Stoneback) is to get from the start tile to the other side. The dungeon tiles represent floating islands of rock, with no walls. To start there is no way to cross so the heroes will have to make one. If a hero stands on an encounter marker, he can make a Prolonged Melee action to try and topple over the rubble tokens to form a bridge. if successful, the OL places a connecting section of dungeon tiles between the two rock islands and the heroes can cross. Alternatively, a hero may spend 5MPs to jump across at the locations marked with X's on the both sides.

Naturally, the OL wants to stop the heroes. The Blood Apes can do a Leap movement or attack to cross between rock islands without the bridges. In addition, if Stoneback stands on one of the encounter markers where a bridge has been made, the OL may spend 6 threat to collapse the bridge sending it and any unlucky heroes on it crashing to the bottom of the abyss.

Interested in learning more? I'm looking for rules lawyers and playtesters for The Ruins, so if you are interested add me a friend and send me a PM through the forum with your email and I'll send the pdfs of what I have so far to you.

DISCLAIMER: All images are property of FFG. Map images were made with avianfoo's Tilesystem program and 72dpi tile set. No money will be made from this module, it will be freely distributed.

I like. aplauso.gif

As a side note: The program itself is not mine.

avianfoo said:

I like. aplauso.gif

Never dismiss credit even when its not due gran_risa.gif

Big Remy said:

avianfoo said:

I like. aplauso.gif

Never dismiss credit even when its not due gran_risa.gif

gran_risa.gif

Still looking for a proofread Remy? Drop me a line.

First person i know to do original encounters Good Work

Thanks for your time and effort

Thanks guys.

The Ruins is currently undergoing a revision. What I've decided to do, mainly for ease of integrating it into RtL, is I'm going to steal an idea from SoB happy.gif

Ten of the thirty dungeon locations on the RtL map will be designated as Ruins Dungeons. These will operate using the same rules at the Island levels in SoB, except that they will use the outdoor encounter tiles for the first dungeon level, typically with a mix of indoor and outdoor tiles. The maps will be somewhat thematic, to match the name of the location (so if I use the Gate of the North dungeon location, you can expect lots of things from ToI to be used).

I have several maps made, but need to make them a little smaller to fit this new design.

Remy, I'm getting anxious to see what you have completed. These are intriguing ideas. I would like to request that you put aside the pursuit of your PhD for now in order to devote full time to your work on The Ruins. Is that too much to ask? (The PhD will always be there...)