GAMEOLOGY 2009 STORE CHAMPIONSHIP, MONTCLAIR, CA

By ARMed_PIrate, in UFS Fan Announcements

This is an official Store Championship: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=852

Gameology
http://www.gameologyshop.com/

9742 Central Ave.
Montclair, CA 91763

(909) 626-6926

REGISTRATION STARTS AT 12pm. Tournament starts at 1pm.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE:
Rounds will be 50-minute, best 2-of-3. This is a Standard Tournament: 5-point shuriken watermark only.

Cut to Top 8 will include Diversity. Diversity cuts where Strength of Schedule and Ranking are identical will be determined by a single-game playoff.

PRIZING:
Zi Mei sleeves will go to the Store Champion. Kilik promos will go to the Top 8.
All players will receive additional promos and Legacy rares (higher ranks pick first). All players will receive multiple Legacy league foils.
All players will receive a booster pack. Last place will receive an additional Legacy booster pack.

A portion of the entry fees will go towards the included booster packs. A portion will cover the $20 cost of the Prize Kit. A portion will go towards additional booster packs or store credit for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd & 4th places.

Additional prizes may be available at tournament time.

HIGHLANDER SIDE TOURNEY:
If we have enough players, a Jigs & Reels side tournament will be run during Top 8. 1st place will receive $10 from the Scout.

GAMEOLOGY TOURNAMENTS: Our schedule of tourneys can always be found here:

app.fantasyflightgames.com/op/search.shtml

date?

post too short blah

looks like this is the same weekend as the prerelease...

yeah it appears so... this was determined before the prerelease date.

Maybe we can do both?

Yep, sorry. This is Saturday, November 21, the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was determined before the pre-release was announced.

My big worry is I don't want to have the pre-release on Sunday, because then we'd be competing with Comic Cult's pre-release. (We want their players at our store championship, so we want them holding their pre-release on Sunday, not Saturday.)

I'm talking with FFG now to see if we can hold our pre-release on our usual Tuesday night.

I've thought of other alternatives:

1. The pre-release could be a side tournament during Top 8 of the Championship. This sucks, because it's like punishing the Top 8 by not letting them get new cards.
  2. Add the pre-release promos to the Store Championship prize support, and just let folks buy packs. This sucks, because it means folks don't actually get a chance to beat face with the new cards. It also means there's a chance a local player loses out on a pre-release promo because it's snatched up by a visiting Store Champ Top-8er. I'm not sure how bad that is, but I want everyone to walk away happy, so it worries me. The good thing (for the store) is, we're more likely to sell all the pre-release product, recouping their investment.

I'm open to other suggestions, and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Gameology opens at 11am on Saturday, so a morning pre-release isn't an option (even if our players could get anywhere before noon). When we had our Regionals, the tournament went until store closing at nine.

any chance you can get the store championship moved up/back a weekend?

gonna take no response as a "no".

Unfortunately that means we wont be able to make it down. 2 Pre-releases that day and its a long trip.

Sorry I've been off the boards lately. No, we can't move the tournament back a weekend. Too many of our local players can't make Thanksgiving weekend (family obligations). And our store vastly prefers the third Saturday of the month.

We'll miss ye!

Hi folks,

Prize Support news: The Tekken 6 Art Book (from the collector's edition of the Tekken 6 video game) has been added to the prize pool. Not sure yet whether it'll go to the winner of the tourney, the winner of the Highlander side tourney, or raffled to a player who doesn't get any other big prize.

Pre-Release news: Gameology's Pre-Release of the new SCIV set will be held Tuesday evening (Nov. 24) at 6pm. I believe it will be sealed deck.

post some results!