Break the Line vs Command of the Autarch

By Termit, in Forbidden Stars

I have got one question - what happens when eldar chooses to discard Command of the Autarch card because of Break the Line played by SM player? Do the symbols on card played thanks to Command of the Autarch ability still count or not?

Also I need some advice how to counter Break the Line. In my opinion it's one of the best cards in the game.

I imagine it does count, once the text on the card resolves it is final, so i gather you only remove the Command of the Autarch. The Break the line is not that powerful, it only takes effect on the face up card, and that card has already been resolved. The only thing you practically lose is the symbols on the left, so try to bait the Break the line card early with something that has better card text than card symbols so he will waste it on that one and not a, lets say, tier 3 upgrade

I have got one question - what happens when eldar chooses to discard Command of the Autarch card because of Break the Line played by SM player? Do the symbols on card played thanks to Command of the Autarch ability still count or not?

Also I need some advice how to counter Break the Line. In my opinion it's one of the best cards in the game.

The Eldar player discards the CotA card keeps the other one. He has already used the effect of the CotA card by playing an extra card; Break the Line isn't retroactive like that. So net, there is no effect to the Eldar player - CotA is the perfect counter to Break the Line.

Other than that, when hit with Break the Line, just use up the card which gives you the least required icons. There are very few combat cards that actually have ongoing effects. It doesn't cancel the extra effects which have already been acted upon.

Ninja'd - I wrote the reply at lunch...

Edited by Patriarch