RT/DH Xover Rule Ideas.

By Feonor, in Rogue Trader House Rules

Petty Cash

If a character wants to grab some random "walking around" money before leaving the ship he can roll D100 per 10 points of Profit Limit, to represent what is readily available for small expenses. If the character forgets to do this before she leaves the ship, she will still have D10 per 10 points of Profit Limit in "loose change" somewhere about her person.

Organizational Influence

While an Inquisitor might have a Profit Limit equivalent to a Rogue Trader, her Acolytes rarely do. That being said, they often have a surprising amount of influence within their respective organizations. Within the power structure that they are used to working within, an Acolyte would be expected to have as much or more power than a free agent such as a Rogue Trader. To represent this, whenever operating within the power structure of their career they have an effective Profit Limit of the total of their Career level, while within the Empire in general they have an effective Profit Limit equal to their current Career level. For example, Imperial Guard Lieutenant Smith (Career level X) would have an effective Profit Limit of XX within the Imperial Guard and an effective Profit Limit of X wth the universe in general. The Inquisitor can always lend part of his own authority, represented by a portion of his Profit Limit, in the physical form of a Writ or Rosetta and in game terms by a bonus of +10-30 points of Profit Limit.

Awww... I was hoping for some feedback by now...

I've given them a "shakedown" run of my own and they seem to work reasonably well, but what do I know?

Anybody else tried them yet?

I've got a StarDrive adventure I'm converting over and it occurs to me the Party could use some "loose change". I'm wondering what would be the appropriate amount to give them.

Maxim C. Gatling said:

I've got a StarDrive adventure I'm converting over and it occurs to me the Party could use some "loose change". I'm wondering what would be the appropriate amount to give them.

RT page 34; sidebar " Dark Heresy Characters and Rogue Trader "

The last two paragraphs come under a subheading "A matter of profit." It recommends a Rogue Trader character joining a Dark Heresy group "should have an income of at least 1,000 Thrones per month." gran_risa.gif Hope that helps some for calculating petty cash.

-=Brother Praetus=-