The Emperor's Decree >> Will You Answer the Call?

By ynnen, in WFRP Archived Announcements

Farin said:

Dustin said:

Well, this sucks! My big local game store (Games HQ: http://www.gameheadquarters.com ) said they have no clue if there is a demo, which means they did not know that they will have to buy a game to have a demo (unless I am missing something). So, no demo means I have to figure out another way to get a taste of the game before I shell out $100 to find out if I like it or not.

Any suggestions?

i plan to record my session of it so you can watch that : )

Thank you! They are doing a good job at describing how play will flow, but still, it is hard to get a grasp on whether this will flow with our play style. Take for example, we sit around a coffee table sitting on couches. That is why I was annoyed at the boardgame pieces, because it may force us to have to sit at the table.

Don't forget, for stores outside the USA, contact your distributor to get involved!

Canada - Lion Rampant – (800) 992-7679
France - Millennium – (33) 534-364-050x111
Germany - Heidelberger Spieleverlag (General Distribution) – +49 6261 917854
Italy - Giochi Uniti srl – +39 0584 438501
Netherlands - PS Games – +31 (0)492 509898
Poland - Bard Centrum – 48 12 632 07 35
Spain - Edge Entertainment – 34-902-010-376
United Kingdom - Esdevium – 44(0)1420 593 593

Dustin said:

Thank you! They are doing a good job at describing how play will flow, but still, it is hard to get a grasp on whether this will flow with our play style. Take for example, we sit around a coffee table sitting on couches. That is why I was annoyed at the boardgame pieces, because it may force us to have to sit at the table.

well these games are ment for a table anyway :)

I don't agree with that. Maybe for dice rolling a table is nessasary, but we usually don't use minatures and we have clip boards and note books for writing stuff. If you got to sit on your butt for 3 or more hours, why not be comfortable?

Obviously board games and card games are a different matter, but most of those don't go on for more than an hour.

Dustin said:

I don't agree with that. Maybe for dice rolling a table is nessasary, but we usually don't use minatures and we have clip boards and note books for writing stuff. If you got to sit on your butt for 3 or more hours, why not be comfortable?

Obviously board games and card games are a different matter, but most of those don't go on for more than an hour.

ive always enjoyed the table setting cuz it feels good....idk lol something cool about huddling over the table and role die....yeah...good times cool.gif

Dustin Wrote:

You will likely need small tables (GM will prolly need the coffee table) for each player or atleast some other constantly horizontal surface for the pieces, however sharing the dice will likely be harder while everyone having their own will be alot more expensive.

Actually, there was a good idea in another thread that someone proposed using a binder with those card-holder sheets to hold the cards. It seems like using that you could hold your entire PC, cards and all in it, which would obviate the need for a table. The only issue would be recharge tokens. You could probably use China/dry erase markers to record for each card, or a piece of paper, or something else. Other than that, yeah, dice might be an issue.

The same guy I play Warhammer with owns Arkam Horror, and we have to lay that out on a table, with another fold out table to hold the tokens and stuff that change throughout the game. Then he makes us all use dinner trays that are placed around the tables to hold our drinks and stuff (understandably). Fun, but crazy times!

Sorry, off topic ;)

Dustin said:

The same guy I play Warhammer with owns Arkam Horror, and we have to lay that out on a table, with another fold out table to hold the tokens and stuff that change throughout the game. Then he makes us all use dinner trays that are placed around the tables to hold our drinks and stuff (understandably). Fun, but crazy times!

Sorry, off topic ;)

well...really that kinda brings home my point. With a game this massive you might want to move to a table top.....and i think you might enjoy it too :) i always do....2maro i ahve the first session of many to finalize my last DnD 4E campain and im really happy to be getting around a table with my guys again....its harder now being in collage.....but anyway with the amount of space needed for everything....a tabletop is really needed :)

ynnen said:

We've made a variety of promotional materials available to retail stores and fans, to help promote the upcoming Emperor's Decree event.

You can read about the materials here:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=870

Or go directly to the WFRP support page to download them:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=93&esem=4

very cool......one question....why release those now....if we dont even know if our stores are going to get stuff in........

Farin said:

very cool......one question....why release those now....if we dont even know if our stores are going to get stuff in........

Many folks have expressed interest in talking to their local store in hopes if getting them to apply for the event.

By posting these materials early, it's my hope that fans and stores will be excited to see the level of support they'll be getting. And now fans have something they can print out and show to a local store owner to help explain the Emperor's Decree and get then involved.

ynnen said:

Farin said:

Many folks have expressed interest in talking to their local store in hopes if getting them to apply for the event.

By posting these materials early, it's my hope that fans and stores will be excited to see the level of support they'll be getting. And now fans have something they can print out and show to a local store owner to help explain the Emperor's Decree and get then involved.

ah cool....ill be sure to Notify mine then : ) thnx for the explanation : ) always so nice to hear from you Jay