Shipping to retailers!

By JonofPDX, in General Discussion

Per FFG's Upcoming Products page, AGoT LCG 2.0 is officially shipping to retailer today (well, yesterday, but that was a Sunday so I am assuming they are leaving the warehouse today). Per FFG, this process should take 7-10 days so gamers in the US should be able to pick this up sometime next week!

And really, it's about **** time. I know sometimes stuff happens but the delays on this game were starting to really hurt the community enthusiasm. Hopefully once we can get our hands on the product a little of the energy will come back to the community!

Guys...we may actually have this product before NOVEMBER. I was starting to wonder...

There is tons of discussion on it still. Over at CGDB.

Is Bara Kneel the best deck?

Bara Kneel overpowered?

Don't worry guys , Bara Kneel isn't destroying the game...

How to beat Bara Kneel?

"tons of discussion"

I don't play or read the discussion I just know that is where it is happening. Not here. That was my point.

Not a fan of the forums at CGDB.The design, and lastly the tenor, over there turn me off. Love the deck builder and use it a lot to net deck others ideas and better understand the cards but no discussion, thank you.

Finally! Hopefully it hits stores by Friday.

Edited by Chuckawa

I don't play or read the discussion I just know that is where it is happening. Not here. That was my point.

You're right--there is more discussion going on over there in the absence of any new articles from FFG. But I was actually not referring to "community" as in this forum, so much as the community of players.

I just feel like right after GenCon there was so much excitement for this and then when people couldn't get their hands on the game that kind of melted away a bit as people focused on other stuff (understandably). At this point even when the box drops the decision to do a limited run at GenCon means that we all KNOW everything that's coming in it. And yeah, it will be great to finally be able to PLAY but I don't think we hit that same real excitement level until we start getting new cards we haven't had spoilers of for MONTHS.

Hopefully this being on shelves will renew a good amount of that enthusiasm though and once the Chapter Packs start coming we should be back to where we were around GenCon.

I hope, anyway...

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Those that were interested still are if my local area is anything to go by.

Thanks for the update! Been reloading that screen way too much. Looks like the first week of October is gonna be super expensive, between these boxes coming into my store AND all the new Marvel comics that are starting up the same week.

Well, frankly, it's no surprise. We've had access to the core set card list for over two months, people have been playing the heck out of it, and if we hadn't run out of new things to talk about with such a limited card pool, then I'd be shocked. Nor is it surprising that such a limited card pool is mostly balanced but not perfectly balanced. There will always be one or two factions who are the most competitive, and one or two that need a bump. That's what subsequent releases are for.

It's just that some people will take any opportunity to bellyache about anything in particular. A year from now, when we've got an entire cycle under our belt, probably a Deluxe set, and two or three packs from the second cycle, people's complaints about the core-set-only meta are going to seem truly childish.

I'm not convinced that we've plumbed the depths of the Core yet, anyway.

People are just being lazy.

I'm not convinced that we've plumbed the depths of the Core yet, anyway.

What'll be interesting is playing around with banner options. I'm tempted to run a Dothraki-focused Targaryen deck with Tyrell strength boosting support first. It may not be the most competitive build, but looking for synergies in the mix is half the fun.

What'll be interesting is playing around with banner options. I'm tempted to run a Dothraki-focused Targaryen deck with Tyrell strength boosting support first. It may not be the most competitive build, but looking for synergies in the mix is half the fun.

This. Just trying card combos, faction combos. I don't need to be competitive, I just want to have fun with my local meta. We have several players of other game (mostly Magic) that want to try the game so I feel, locally, we will grow a new community quit quickly.

We've had access to the core set card list for over two months, people have been playing the heck out of it,

I don't agree with this premise. Only a very limited category of people (i.e., people who went to Gencon and people who play over OCTGN) have been "playing the heck out of it" since its limited release 2 months ago. Once more people (and types of players) have cardboard in hand, you will truly see people playing the heck out of it and finding more and more things to talk about - limited card pool or no.

Not sure I'd call it "lazy" per se . Personally, I build and think better with the actual cards. Spoiler lists, deck builders and OCTGN games just don't click for me as well as pushing the cardboard around the table does. Is it "lazy" if I don't go out and pound nails when all I have is a screwdriver?

I tend to agree that the depths of the Core-only environment have not been fully explored because people are not trying the combinations of things that seem absolutely stupid on paper (which is the only way most of us can experience the game right now -- virtually).

Back when the game was a CCG and draft was a regular thing (especially when a new set came out), the people that I played with loved draft because it made you play with things that you normally wouldn't look twice at -- which had you discovering how good some of these lackluster cards truly were. Because most of us only have the spoilers and OCTGN, we're not playing with or trying the things that have absolutely no "wow" factor in a spoiler, but end up kicking butt in a real game. There's going to be a lot left to discuss about the Core-only environment when the majority of people finally have the actual product in hand.

Thanks for the update! Been reloading that screen way too much. Looks like the first week of October is gonna be super expensive, between these boxes coming into my store AND all the new Marvel comics that are starting up the same week.

I've had this pre-ordered since before GenCon so I don't even have the delay to blame for me spending too much money on games in October...I'm just going to do it anyway on other stuff. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MISSION: RED PLANET!

Also, MAD PROPS for the Jade Empire love in your sig--never hear about that game anymore. So under-rated.

I've had this pre-ordered since before GenCon so I don't even have the delay to blame for me spending too much money on games in October...I'm just going to do it anyway on other stuff. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, MISSION: RED PLANET!

Also, MAD PROPS for the Jade Empire love in your sig--never hear about that game anymore. So under-rated.

It drives me absolutely mad that they've never made a sequel for it. Of all of Bioware's amazing games, Jade Empire was the single best one, or at least the franchise I enjoyed most. Sincerely wishing they'd come back to that world, especially considering it's been two console generations since they last touched it.

It drives me absolutely mad that they've never made a sequel for it. Of all of Bioware's amazing games, Jade Empire was the single best one, or at least the franchise I enjoyed most. Sincerely wishing they'd come back to that world, especially considering it's been two console generations since they last touched it.

Without wanting to completely hijack this thread--yes. Agreed. About all of it (welllllll, almost all of it, I have had some major problems with some Bioware games--but as far as Jade Empire goes, YES). Would love to see that game remade on current gen.

Not sure I'd call it "lazy" per se . Personally, I build and think better with the actual cards. Spoiler lists, deck builders and OCTGN games just don't click for me as well as pushing the cardboard around the table does. Is it "lazy" if I don't go out and pound nails when all I have is a screwdriver?

I don't think he was calling people who don't play online lazy - I think he was calling people who call Baratheon kneel overpowered instead of looking for solutions lazy.