Starting out

By caine666, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

so if i wanted to pick up the rouge trader core book what would be a good adventure to start with?
Lure of the Expanse or Frozen Reaches/Citadel of Skulls/Fallen Suns set?
also are Edge of the Abyss and Stars of Inequity worth getting?

Edge of the Abyss has a good starting scenario in it, and it also has good background material, in case you don't know much of the genre. Stars of Inequity is really for more advanced campaigns. You won't need it to start out with. FFG has 2 free-for-download scenarios that are good starting adventures, and there's also 3 fan-made scenarios. I would not recommend LofE or Warpstorm Trilogy to start with.

Dem rouge traders, tradin' dat rouge.

Warpstorm Trilogy can feed from both Lure and Edge; it references stuff from both of them. Were I you, I might consider Core campaign -> Lure of the Expanse -> Edge of the Abyss -> Warpstorm Trilogy (FR -> Skulls -> Fallen Suns). Certainly, any of them can be stand alone, you can change little details in them, and that can break their seeming link, but I like the idea of doing this line, and you can certainly sneak in something home-made, or otherwise, in Lure and Edge, or Edge and Warp, maybe even between the warp ones, though I'd probably go between Skulls and Suns, then, as Skulls more starts figuring out why Reaches occurred, at all.