Setting Up a SF Bay Area Armada Group

By Viratin, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

So, I game up and down the San Francisco Bay area, and I've noticed something: there are plenty of Armada players around, but they're widely dispersed. There's no defined meeting place or time, unlike many other miniatures or card games.

With this in mind, I'd like to try and get in contact with other Armada players in the area who I haven't met and talked to at the local stores yet, and see when and where they'd like to set up a general meet-up time.

Since there's some crossover between Armada and X-Wing players, there are two ways we could go about this: either we could set up the Armada to meet at the same time, and hopefully create some more crossover between the two in order to bolster the Armada group, or we could set up a different time entirely to avoid people having to choose between one or the other. I'm unsure of which one is better, but I think early on it might be better to follow the former plan.

Also, which store would you guys like to meet at more? The Game Kastle stores are my personal favorites, and I'm a frequent at both the Santa Clara and the Fremont locations. Santa Clara's X-Wing group meets on Thursday nights, and it's a healthy sized group. Plus, they have a ton of other games going on, and a bunch of tables: good opportunity to try and pull more gamers into Armada. I've talked with so many people who are interested in it, who haven't seen it played or learned enough about it to get into it. Meeting at the Santa Clara on Thursday nights would definitely be the best way, I think, to grow the local Armada community.

Have you gained any traction to this post? My son and I have been playing Armada and I would like to find some local players as well (Vassel is my only other outlet). We live in the San Jose area and the Santa Clara store is pretty close to me.

I live in San Jose and need people to play Armada with. Has there been any success in starting a group?

Have you joined SF bay area armada on Facebook?

Currently, there's a group at GK Fremont on alternate sunday's, and another that is mainly at GK mountain view on Tuesday nights. (This week was wed to avoid Valentine's day)

There is also a tournament tomorrow in San Bruno at heretic games at 1.

I am the administrator for the SF Bay Area Armada group on Facebook . It is our best means of communication for many of us.

From what I know, there's a group up in oakland that has enough semi-regular players to run a CC. Thecactusman knows more about that, since he's up in Berekeley and that's his neck of the woods. I'm in the East Bay, the two closest locations to me are Ronin games and Game Kastle Fremont. I do the latter every other Sunday, though I can get a game in on the off sundays from noon to 3. I would like more opportunities to meet, but attendance at that location on that day is notoriously spotty. It's strange, because GKF is one of the most central locations in the bay.

There are quite a few players who visit Game Kastle Santa Clara and Game Kastle Mountain view in the south bay. I would suggest checking in with them to figure out when their best days are for Armada players to show.

I will be attending Game Kastle Fremont this coming sunday with Mythics. Mythics is usually a southbay player, he can tell you more about the south bay events. If you can come this Sunday I'd be glad to play!

I know it is a stretch, but we have a group up in Reno (yeah 4 hours away). But if we want to connect and try and make a bigger scene together, I am down. How frequently are you guys getting in tournaments? We to are doing the Facebook meeting point.

We have a tournament March 11 (San Bruno) and March 18th (Mountain View).

Edited by mythics

How often are you guys getting together for tournaments? We have a small one on 3/18 for charity. The 3/11 event starts at 1:00 P.M. and runs to 7:00 P.M., that is not a full event is it? Is this a fleet patrol event?

The 3/11 one is a full tournament. Same place we just had on and it went until 8:30ish. I think the store just put in a default time they use for weekend tournaments.

Sounds good. Last question, what is turnout like in your area? Going to see if I can get some momentum from our area and come on down for it.

Why don't we start using the forum here for Armada meets too?