new descent scenario editor?

By wraithey, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

anybody know of any update coming to the descent scenario editor? will there ever be one? it's frustrating adding notes for placing tokens and figures from altar of despair and tomb of ice. it would be much simpler with an update.

You can try this .

As far as the official editor, last news update on the editor's site is now almost a year old, and the last actual usable software is three years old. FFG has been silent for a similarly long time. I wouldn't hold out much hope, and I certainly wouldn't wait for it.

Stole all my thunder lengua.gif

Also feel free to comment on the FFG forums here .

Darn right it would be nice! Also make it easier to access, like it used to be. I've been looking for it for like 10 minutes now, whereas before it was right there when you opened up the Descent page. So the ball's in your court FFG, please support the games you develop by finishing what you started. Considering I've bought all the Descent products it'd be nice if I could design quests using all of them instead of just the base game and W.O.D. I can't imagine that it's that hard to add in new material to an already existing program. It's not like you have to start from scratch, right?

If you're expecting to add support for more games/expansions later on, a clever programmer will design the program so that the set of tiles used are just listed in data files, and adding more requires little or no additional coding. Like TileSystem.

However, whether any given program was actually written with that much foresight is often difficult to guess. Certainly, DescentEdit wasn't designed so that users could add any tiles they wanted by editing data files, so even in the best-case scenario you need to somehow get the original author to spend at least a little time on it, or release the source...and he's apparently declared his intention not to do either of those things.