1st Image

By Frog, in Runewars

runewars-box-left.png

I thought that FFG won't make anymore epic-size game, well glad to have been proven wrong ;)

Awesome! When will will FFG stop seducing my wallet???

I can't wait to see more info on this one!

One question on the tiles. The product page says '13 map tiles, including stunning three-dimensional mountain terrain tiles'. Looking at the image of a completed board on the desc. page there is obviously more than 13 'hexagon tiles'. So is it actually 13 pieces and each piece is 2 or 3 tiles joined together? Hope that make sense.

The return of a classic so to speak, this looks magnificent and will most likely be a favorite at our gaming table. Can't wait for more info and especially the rule book to see how the mechanics work. So far every title that Corey has developed has been a great accomplishment in my opinion so it's awesome to have him at the helm of another epic sized board game.

Stalkingwolf said:

I can't wait to see more info on this one!

One question on the tiles. The product page says '13 map tiles, including stunning three-dimensional mountain terrain tiles'. Looking at the image of a completed board on the desc. page there is obviously more than 13 'hexagon tiles'. So is it actually 13 pieces and each piece is 2 or 3 tiles joined together? Hope that make sense.

From the description of the game:

consisting of a series of pieces (made up of various numbers of attached hexagons)

Thanks. Thats what I get for quickly trying to catch up on the news and forum posts while at work. preocupado.gif

200 minis?

Do you think these are all Runebound size minis? And lots of different ones or just multiple armies of strategy-game like small minis (Age of Conan etc.)

paradiddlebob said:

Awesome! When will will FFG stop seducing my wallet???

This looks way to awesome . . . and my wallet is weeping.

So much for this being the year I build up my savings.

I'm guessing the minis will be the same scale as Runebound/Descent. Not only is that the standard size they seem to use in most of their games (that I own anyway), there's also a very real probability that we'll be seeing some recycled minis in this box (ie: heroes being translated over from RB/Descent). Obviously if they re-use the old hero minis, it follows that the rest of the minis would be on the same scale.

At first I was not interested, but the randomized map looks really cool.

The pics and graphics form the game are looking amazing - specialy if they all are painted by Jesper Ejsing. I love his work and i hope that someday FFG will anounce an artbook with all his graphics from FFG games.

I saw the preview and I instantly got a hard one...**** my wallet. I'll take a credit if need be ^^