Card Suggestions

By Yandia, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

AEG always had this nice idea that you could suggests card ideas to them.

And custom magic card threads always brought me huge enjoyment.

Does FFG also have something like that?

Is that even a thing in LCGs?

Do you somethings get the idea for card ideas?

Since they bought 20 years of L5R cards, and LCG's usually have not as many different cards, I guess they have for a long time no need for card suggestions.... but nevertheless I would like if FFG would do take such suggestions anyway.

Well we obviously don't know how their redesign will look like, but LCG and CCG might not be even compatible.

Also magic still produces new cards, so having an enormous amount of cards still leaves room for new design open.

Well we obviously don't know how their redesign will look like, but LCG and CCG might not be even compatible.

Also magic still produces new cards, so having an enormous amount of cards still leaves room for new design open.

They've already stated that the LCG and CCG will have significant mechanical differences to the extent that they will not be compatible.

I never said that the games have to be compatible, I am just saying they have a huge card pool from which they can draw ideas already from, I even said in the Iconic Crad Names thread, that I would like to see certain cards returning with a different porpose. and I said here that I would like to see FFG take suggestions, so I do not see how your answer actually adresses anything I said, also Magic is not an LCG, and like I said, there is a difference in the amount of cards needed with a CCG and a LCG, but again, I not oppossed to see FFG take suggestions from the community, so don't anywer to my post in a manner that gives me the impression that you think I would be.

FFG doesn't seem as accessible or as interactive with the fanbase as AEG was. I could be wrong, that's just the impression I've gotten, and the size of the company could have something to do with that.

They could decide that they didn't need to name a single card for the first 10 years of the LCG and could easily find card titles and concepts to last them the entire run. I don't expect this is what they'll do, but I fully expect to see cards with reused titles that have roughly the same impact on the game as before. Not mechanically, but thematically.

And until we know FFG's mechanics, submitting is probably just a waste of everyone's time, even if you have the best idea for an L5R card that has ever existed.

I just wanted to know if that is a thing in the LCG community. First LCG for me.... so I would not know.

<- frequently submits nonsensical card submissions on the Create a Card page

Still enjoys it regardless of it being ignored.

Is fun !

ie

Doji Ayano

Samurai * Courtier * Doji Innocent

open * bow * - You may bow any courtiers in play even if they are not yours. If this bowed at least four of your own courtiers, target player may not assign samurai with a personal honor of two or greater to battlefields this turn.

FFG doesn't seem as accessible or as interactive with the fanbase as AEG was.

Possibly not a downside. If anything, AEG listened *too much* in my opinion. The problem is that they listened to the loudest voice who didn't necessarily speak for that many fans.

For all the LCG's the World Champ gets to design a card. I imagine L5R will work the same.

Possibly not a downside. If anything, AEG listened *too much* in my opinion. The problem is that they listened to the loudest voice who didn't necessarily speak for that many fans.

My statement wasn't necessarily intended as criticism, just a statement of my perception. I can see advantages and disadvantages to both, but the wailing and gnashing of teeth did seem to get a lot of undue attention.

It wasn't even that -- it was that they kept putting "And then we'll listen to the fans for an idea" into their planning where it wasn't necessary, and at the end they quadrupled-down on it.

AND adding "We'll make sure to tell you everything and give you all the choices".

AEG went way too far on the "fan interaction" aspect of the brand.