Acquire Rage or Vampire Next!

By SkywalterDBZ, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Do it FFG! Get those companies to sell their IP and bring us all three of the best multiplayer CCG's ever!

Do it FFG! Get those companies to sell their IP and bring us all three of the best multiplayer CCG's ever!

They already looked at Vampire and said they decided against it.

This is the second topic in this direction...

Should that be more in the general LCG board.

I mean what has this to do with L5R?

They have stated they can only do so many LCGs. There is a pretty good chance that CoC is ending before L5R returns. So, the question is, which LCG would you have them cut?

Though, I do wish they could get the Dune license.

FFG put out some catfood for L5R players.

Now all the cats in the neighborhood are hanging out in the backyard at sundown. :)

Jihad / Eternal Struggle would be a nightmare as LcG, since the game never had a limit on how many of a certain card you could do in a deck, either that would have to change, with would mean one has to change basically everything or some people would have to by not just 3 or 4 core sets, but 20 to 50!

Jihad / Eternal Struggle would be a nightmare as LcG, since the game never had a limit on how many of a certain card you could do in a deck, either that would have to change, with would mean one has to change basically everything or some people would have to by not just 3 or 4 core sets, but 20 to 50!

Neither did original Netrunner. FFG changed it.

Neither did original Netrunner. FFG changed it.

For that matter, neither did Magic. It was introduce for sanctioned play, and later mainstreamed into the general rules.

Its not a mechanical or flavor reason; its a social reason.

Rage and Vampire would need a bigger following of people. A smart company like FFG wants to grab a Brand/IP that not only exists and is willing to be sold, but to also buy a Brand/IP that has a good-sized amount of customers that are willing to buy the product. FFG is a company and if they are going to devote resources into remaking and remarketing a new product in their line of LCGs, they do expect to get their investment returned by how many people actually bought it and how quickly it was being bought. Take one of the various preexisting LCGs under FFG's wing. What do they each have in common by chance? Huge cult-followings that are currently popular in the mind of the public. Names that even if one who heard it had never seen it or watched it would have a idea of what you are talking about.

So, is that a No to Arcadia: the Wyld Hunt being picked up....?

:P

I dunno. A Game of Thrones is pretty big now, but it sure wasn't when FFG first acquired the licenses for it.

By the way, has AEG still the right to Spycraft? I would like to see that game as LCG and also as RPG, which lets you actually play in the setting of the card game.

Juste comme ça là, je pose des questions et je ne suis pas publié alors que je parles du jeu L5R dans un topic L5R et ici on parle de la pluie et du beau temps dans une section qui n'est pas générale, quelqu'un peut-il m'expliquer ?

By the way, has AEG still the right to Spycraft? I would like to see that game as LCG and also as RPG, which lets you actually play in the setting of the card game.

AEG is licensing the RPG rights to Crafty Games. Not sure if the deal covers the CCG or not.

I dunno. A Game of Thrones is pretty big now, but it sure wasn't when FFG first acquired the licenses for it.

The very first License ever signed for AGoT was with FFG, and FFG was one of the first, if not the first company to promote the books at a national level. They gave a free copy of the game rules and a full copy of the first book to every game store they new of that first year. That giveaway increased distribution of the books significantly.

So, is that a No to Arcadia: the Wyld Hunt being picked up....?

:P

You don't even know how sad that makes me. I absolutely loved that game (and basically anything Changeling the Dreaming) and its death made me genuinely sad. I still try to collect the cards out of a sense of how much I enjoyed them. :lol:

Though, I do wish they could get the Dune license.

That would be insane. (!!!!)

:)