cervantes and adding keywords question

By darklogos, in UFS Rules Q & A

We had the question in our playgroup recently about Cervantes second ablility. When it goes off is the opponent stuc with that control value. In other words can they not commit foundations to pass the check? The second question comes from assigning keywords to attacks. When do those non-printed keywords get tagged onto the card? I was wondering this because of White Crane. Astrid can turn Shield Breaker from being a weapon into a reversal but does it gain the reversal keyword as it is played successfully? Similar case with Cobra Clutch which gives the next attack Stun:1 does that attack have both its keyword and stun when it is played? I know that cards like Yi Shan's Tiger Claw gives the stun rating after the attack is successfully played so the attack can't be bounced after it gains the second keyword.

first of all, astrid does not give weapon attacks the reversal keyword, she simply says you can play weapons as though they were reversals.

for cobra clutch, it says your next attack, meaning when it hits the card pool (when the check is successful and all costs are payed) it gains the stun:1 keyword.

darklogos said:

We had the question in our playgroup recently about Cervantes second ablility. When it goes off is the opponent stuc with that control value. In other words can they not commit foundations to pass the check?

The second question comes from assigning keywords to attacks. When do those non-printed keywords get tagged onto the card? I was wondering this because of White Crane. Astrid can turn Shield Breaker from being a weapon into a reversal but does it gain the reversal keyword as it is played successfully?

Similar case with Cobra Clutch which gives the next attack Stun:1 does that attack have both its keyword and stun when it is played?

I know that cards like Yi Shan's Tiger Claw gives the stun rating after the attack is successfully played so the attack can't be bounced after it gains the second keyword.

(spaces added for clarity)

Yes, you can still commit foundations to make the control check successful. Note that committing foundations doesn't actually change the control check, It just changes a failed CC into a success.

It depends on the card. Astrid does not give attacks the reversal keyword. She can play them as reversals. They never gain the reversal keyword.

Cobra Clutch give the attack stun as soon as it's played. So assuming it already had a keyword you could White Crane it away.

Correct.