Computer Game

By David Spangler, in Wings of War (WWI)

I heard that there was a computer version of this game in the works. Any more information available on that?

not too much except that it's coing for teh x360 and ps3. it's basically a computerized version of the board game. you pick you plane card, pick your manuvers, place you cards all in a neat looking screen.

Now if it was 3D, and you had the cockpit veiw of the plane and more action oriented... but its the board game digitalized.

I would imagine that means it will be an X-Box Live downloadable game much like their versions of Catan and Carcassone. Which is fine by me, they are excellent games and I'm sure WoW will be good.

Yup as IGN said. gui%C3%B1o.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is being done by Big Rooster, if you go to their website there are screenshots. XBOx live arcade game. Does anyone know what Winter 2008 means or if this has been pushed into 2009?

Thanks

Will

Unless it comes to either PC or Nintendo DS, this does me no good at all. :P

Why would you want a computer game if you can have the reall thing?

I for one think it's much more fun to fiddle about with miniatures instead of staring at the screen.

but ofcourse that's just me... happy.gif

sagitar said:

Why would you want a computer game if you can have the reall thing?

Having opponents besides my decidedly non-wargame-oriented SO would be nice.... :)

Hmm, yeah I see your point.

I know the problem ........................... serio.gif

Still, it'll be a shame to have to play without the use of them great miniatures.

Maybe you could set up a table next to your computer and mimic the actions on screen with miniatures.

sagitar said:

Maybe you could set up a table next to your computer and mimic the actions on screen with miniatures.

There was a game for one of the consoles which involved cards, and some sort of camera so the game could see the cards -- one wonders if same could be done with minis.... :)

csadn said:

Unless it comes to either PC or Nintendo DS, this does me no good at all. :P

I second that... and add the Wii to the list.

<--total noob who just discovered this game.

But... I think one of the coolest things that turning this game into a digital video game could offer is that at the end of each game you could go back and replay the battle in real time and watch your turn by turn moves unfold seamlessly right before your very eyes. but most of the really cool ideas in video games get cut do to cost and time restrictions so chances of that being implemented are pretty slim.

Actually, Kilowolf, that is not a bad idea. Quite easy to implement too.

Pour Le Merite said:

Actually, Kilowolf, that is not a bad idea. Quite easy to implement too.

Recording of "Yakkety Sax" playing in the background not included.... :)

anyone know the status of this game for XBLA?

i saw on one of the sites that it was TBA on the release and then on one site that is was pushed back to 6/30/09.

sucks if true because i have been playing this at the LHS and was really wanting to continue the obsession on XBLA.

boooo on the pushback!

BXRandall said:

anyone know the status of this game for XBLA?

i saw on one of the sites that it was TBA on the release and then on one site that is was pushed back to 6/30/09.

sucks if true because i have been playing this at the LHS and was really wanting to continue the obsession on XBLA.

boooo on the pushback!

Yes is there anyone from FFG that reads these boards that could give us an update of when the WoW game will be out for thr XboX360?

Thanks