Basel, Switzerland

By stumac83, in X-Wing Organized Play

Hi All,

Long time lurker, but getting the itch to get playing.

I was wondering if there is anyone on here from Basel, Switzerland who plays? I have sizeable Rebels and Empire forces. Been collecting the models size wave 1, but not had much opportunity to play.

So, if anyone wants to meet and play, that would be great!

Cheers,

Stu

Hi.

I'm moving to Lugano (Italian-speaking Switzerland); did you get to know anyone who pays in an organised manner in CH?

Just wondering whether there is a sort of national federation I can refer to to chase out potential gamers in Lugano and surrounding areas.

I play both Armada and X-Wing.

Cheers.

Hi Alby,

Not yet (just asked the other day). But if you find out, let me know also!

Hi there,

I'm from Lörrach and started playing X-Wing a few month ago. At the moment I'm looking for people in Basel and the surrounding area to play with people who are interested in playing, too. Maybe now there is the possibility to play some matches and get the possibility to get to know some people who are interested in that game :)

Greetings

Brennegan

Hey!

Pretty new here and new to X-wing (though I have quite a few ships coming in the mail and been trying my best to catch up haha)

I'm currently living in Basel and will be for a few months (from America, and my german isn't very good haha, but getting there!)

I'd be down to meet some new people and play! Of course for the time being I only have the core set (though I've got enough for 100 point squad (s) coming in a week or 2!

Hi,

I am also starting to play armada in Basel and eager to learn more on XWing.

If you want, reach me at [email protected]

Best Regards

Reinaldo

I live in Basel and staretd on Armada and soon probably with start in X-Wing would need to look a bit at it.

Best Regards

Reinaldo

Hi,

I am also starting to play armada in Basel and eager to learn more on XWing.

If you want, reach me at [email protected]

Best Regards

Reinaldo

Edit:

Also if anyone else wants to play or whatnot!

my email is [email protected]

Edited by illegal danish

Hi, just starting out with X-Wing and trying to find players too, but unfortunately I am down by Lake Geneva in Vevey :( but if anyone finds themselves down this way or anyone organizing an event some time in the future hit me up I'll make the trip up to Basel.

Edited by Jido Javik

Dear all, we are currently in the process to build the first x-wing community platform in Basel/Switzerland.

We will go live in a couple of days and will let you know asap. I will invite you all to join the platform.

The idea is to build a strong x-wing community around Basel (everybody is of course happily invited... even from the francophone Switzerland :o )

Tataaa... we are now open and recruting members in the Region of Basel.

www.sternenkrieger.ch

@XWing_Basel

Edited by Barandum

Hi,

I'll be at Basel from the 2nd of November to the 11th on work.

Since I'll probably leave relatively early each day I would be interested in a few games of x-wing if there are any takers.

I'll be very near the "Markthalle Basel".

So basically, if I want to play were should I go to?

At which days/hours do you usually play?

I'll probably take a small number of imperial ships since I usually travel light. :)

I am necro-ing this thread- anyone near Zurich, Switzerland who still plays this game? I have built a small, but actually growing group of high school age students really getting into this game (I teach at the Zurich International School). We are hoping there might be others out there... Thanks!

17 hours ago, jeeps said:

I am necro-ing this thread- anyone near Zurich, Switzerland who still plays this game? I have built a small, but actually growing group of high school age students really getting into this game (I teach at the Zurich International School). We are hoping there might be others out there... Thanks!

Go check T3 for events!

So far, we've had 3 events this year. The next ones are on the 14th in Chavannes-Près-Renens , 21st in Luzern, and 28th in Bern. There is a very enthusiastic core group of players who go to a lot of tournaments everywhere, and a larger group of players who stick to their regions. As you can see, the last 4 events all had around 20 participants, which is by the way above the average for the past years, and way above 2019 specifically.

The place to go in Zurich is wellplayed , but we don't have regular game nights. @Dragon_King is running a league there, but were in the middle of a season right now. In Bern the store is called Drachenäscht . @cybu is running their league.

The store in Luzern is called Gameplace . In Basel it is tabletopshop but hasn't organized anyhting lately. And finally as fifth and sixth organizers, there are biannual tournaments in Thun, and sometimes in the french speaking part (as on the 14th).

You can sign up for most on T3, except for Bern where you have to sign up on the linked website instead.

Wow. Thanks, GreenDragoon! In the span between posting my comment above and now, I joined T3, saw the dates you mentioned, visited The WellPlayed store site and now have your post reaffirming everything. I was meaning to check out Gameplace when I visited Luzern over the winter holiday break in January, but fell short of that goal. I am hoping to get my students to join this site and see if they have access to T3 as well. Maybe I can see about getting some casual stuff to be played somewhere... there's an excellent game hall in Thalwil that could accommodate many tables of Xwing...

We can set up a casual afternoon in wellplayed or thalwil.

I would love that! I’ll keep you posted. My schedule is opening up after this week...