CCG VS. LCG?

By Jambly Ho-Tep, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

What is the difference between the lcg and the ccg? just the name? can you use them together?

using the search forum might bring incredible results...

ok - ccg - boosters, cool blackbordered cards, high power level cards, some broken stuff.

LCG - no boosters, only asylum packs (preconstucted decks, if you please) with core set (reprints from ccg times) power level very low (mostly) white boarded cards. a lot of cards (so far) with mistakes in print etc - supposed to change with the next AP series. we will see.

FFG policy - no more boosters, only APs + reprints from core set only for FFG tournament play - if you want use your own, mixed format (all cards allowed) if you have a lot of old cards - well, bad luck (a lot of older, good players left the game becuse of that).

that's the short story. if you want the long story, read the forums...

thanks,

i wish there were still boosters for the lcg......

does anyone know if the sanity points that came on the packaging for the old ccg prebuilt decks and starter packs are worth anything? i have like 15 points

So far as I'm aware there is no program currently active to redeem Sanity Points. Once upon a time you could post them in to get boosters, domain markers, binders, etc.

I have about 8,000 points lying around somewhere. I remember sending in about 4,000 a few years ago, back when they were redeemable, and getting perhaps 1,200 worth of items in the mail. For example, instead of the requested set of Arkham binders I got two of the 'Promo' picture, one of the others and no other binders (really, how hard would it have been to print off a few colour insets?), plus a couple of boosters. After that experience, I gave up (and stopped being a Servitor shortly thereafter when tournament support stopped arriving just before the Yithian competition).

On the bright side, FFG's OP support and customer service seems significantly better now than it was back then...

Lets start a black market that uses sanity points as currency. demonio.gif

yea i think the sanity points have had it, youre like me mate, loads of the old cards, but you can still play them, just not in tournys :)