A note on formatting to those new to the FFG forums

By Budgernaut, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

TL;DR: Use 'clear formatting' option when copying and pasting into your post.

You may or may not be aware that FFG has recently made a shift in how their forums look. The forums used to be dark grey backgrounds with white text. The new version is a white background with white text. Some people prefer the darker look (it's easier on the eyes) so FFG has allowed us to keep that theme if we wished*.

What this means is that if you copy-paste something from another site, it may look different to some people compared to what's on your screen because they are using a different theme than you. I've seen several posts that are white bars with white text, for example. But you can help!

If you ever copy something from another website, forum, or even post in this forum, it's a good idea to clear formatting before posting. You can do this by selecting the pasted text and hitting the eraser button in the upper left of the text editor.

Thank you for your consideration!

*You can change your theme by looking in the lower left of the webpage for a link that says, "Change Theme."

Edited by Budgernaut

Seems like a good place to post this...

I've been poking about, but haven't had much luck- any way I can tweak my settings to get notified when I'm quoted? Likes are fine and all, but they aren't as useful to picking up on a discussion.

Ironically, I think that feature was originally present in the new forum software, but it appears they turned it off. I believe they got complaints about too many quote notifications, but I don't know for sure. If there's a way to change that setting personally, I'm not aware of it.

Click on your name drop down. -> My settings -> Notification Options

First Category is Topics & Posts there you can find it.

^

Thanks.

Click on your name drop down. -> My settings -> Notification Options

First Category is Topics & Posts there you can find it.

SWEET! I've been missing that option ever since it disappeared.

Much appreciated.