Demo Program

By dsakura, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

First, I'm glad with the game here, long time i talk about it with my friends here. All luck and good work with the project.

One of the problems with the L5R LCG was access here in my country , have no distribution , so the game is expensive with difficult to access. The CCG format facilitates the creation of a gaming community in the city .
I'm on the AEG Demo program , I wonder if there will be the same here , suggest that yes and , of course, I volunteer me in order to present the game to the people.

Thanks for the attention and sorry my poor english.

Daniel Nach

Has any of the other LCG such a program? With such programs for CCG's are mostly just being an initial hook to get people buying more cards, how would that work when the collection/trading approach is not really done with a LCG?

I am not sure if there are any such prorgams but the surely have some right to exist. The reason is that they do the same. They get new players intrested and create a good chance to turn potenial customers into real ones cause they provide a good hook for them to test the game and get knowlegde about it without first to have to buy into it.

Netrunner had a few demo decks that were sent out to stores I believe.

Look at the bright side, once the first big box expansion comes out, you just tell a friend or someone in store:

"Now that you have tried out the game, here are the options for you to consider buying. You can buy a single core set, which features the cards you just used and other factions. Or if you like the look of the faction you just played, they have a singular box expansion for a little cheaper than the core set. That will give you a full deck to play with for that faction so you can take part in our bi-weekly tournaments."

Most people don't blink when buying £20 worth of boosters or a MtG duel deck/starter decks.

When promoting Netrunner at my local, I got one guy to buy Order and Chaos for Netrunner along side Opening Moves for Jackson Howard. He was very pleased with his purchases and the decks he was able to make with that limited card pool.

For Doomtown, when I demoed that game, the guy ended up buying the big box expansion and 2 saddlebags since the store did not happen to have the core set in stock at the time. He still did really well with the card pool he had access to.

Exactly! Here we did it with netrunner and quickly many people were playing . 2 players to 12 in 1 or 2 months.

I'm one of the L5R Vanguards in my area, so I'm interested to see if there will be demo programs and how they will be implemented.

My plan is to build a few decks from the core game and to sit at my game store during free game hours with a sign inviting people to sit and play with me. They have nothing to lose, I have everything to gain. I was a bounty hunter for AEG back when the program was new, and it was cool, but I don't think I need an official badge or sanction to be an advocate for the game, especially if I'm using product I own.

At least the price will be affordable and that I can respect that.

Its not fun to chase after rares which turn out to cost $20 per copy if you are going to make a specific deck.

I wouldn't mind spending $40 for a core set. Even $80 if it gets me a full playset of all the cards in the core.

They could even break it down from a core set to a clan boxes too. So you could just pick up your clan and Bam good to go.

I doubt we'll see individual clan boxes. Its a bad marketing angle.

I also doubt we get clan boxes for promotion but the thing is more the distribution cause you need to supplly each of the clan boxes equaliy so eveyone has the same chance to get one which would be huge cost for the lesser popular clans.

We experienced this before when retailers wouldn't reorder more Ivory Starter cases when the Mantis one sold out because they still had Phoenix and Crab starters on the shelves.

Probably will be like netrunner , core comes with 7 factions as I remember , to put nine clans in the core should not be difficult.

Netrunner has 4 Factions in the core.

Netrunner has 4 Factions in the core.

Netrunner is a bit weird, because you had 4 factions for the Corp side, 3 for the Runner side. Still 7 factions, but half the cards are split between the two different sides, which cannot ever be combined.

Still, AGOT got 8 into their Core, and Conquest appears to have 7 of their 9.