Online Play!!!

By Sparks Duh, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

This doesn't have to be the end of playing L5R. While I'm excited to see what FFG can do with L5R in two years, that's a long time to wait to play the game we all love and enjoy!

L5R has an online client to play the game in its current state. This client is called Sun and Moon and has been the platform in which I have been running tournaments for almost the past year. The client is free!!!

Starting next month, I will be running tournaments from current and prior arcs to help bring back the memories of playing L5R throughout its history. We have 2 years to play this game in its current form and I want everyone to be able to take advantage of that.

Even if you don't want to participate in the online tournaments, you can always get some pick up games in the Sun and Moon Facebook Group . This group is also where I run the tournaments. If you go now, you can see that there is already a tournament going on!!! We will be finishing this one up shortly and once it's over, we will have some fun with all the older cards that we all remember!!!

The L5R community is one of the best things about this game and there is absolutely no reason to let that die just because the game got sold.
I am extremely excited to see what FFG will be doing for our game. There is no doubt whatsoever that they will do a tremendous job with it!! But in the meantime, let's get some games in!!! :D

Happy to see this here! I downloaded Sun & Moon some weeks ago and I`m happy to see an active community using it :)

Btw: I dropped out of the CCG a while back and have been playing around with deckbuilding using the programme the past weeks. I'm a bit confused as to how mechanics from older editions work with the changes done in Ivory Edition - particularly how Events and Regions work now the Events phase is gone. Any idea on how these things are being handled in Legacy games??

Regards!

I'm a bit confused as to how mechanics from older editions work with the changes done in Ivory Edition - particularly how Events and Regions work now the Events phase is gone. Any idea on how these things are being handled in Legacy games??

Well there are legacy rules posted for formats such as Legacy, Bigdeck, and Modern. But the tournaments that I will be running will be the rules of the arc the tourney is in.

Example: If we are running the Celestial Edition Tournament, we will use Celestial rules, etc.

Keep in mind that I will still be running the latest (20f) arc tournaments at the same time. You are welcome to sign up to both or just one of the tournaments. They are a hell of a lot of fun to play and I usually get great turn outs for all my online tournaments! :D

Edited by Sparks Duh

Check fe Modern ruleset that perfectly covers card types from Samurai Edition and forward in this weird higlander format:.

http://l5rmodern.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Any idea on how these things are being handled in Legacy games??