A new imperial assembly

By Yandia, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Many voice the concern that the Story is important that interactive story telling is a core part of the experience.

Well, in the last years the imperial assembly often did the interactive part besides tournament victories.

Often the assembly members had the opportunity to vote.

With the LCG transition you could switch the monthly subscription to a one time buy in model.

Essentially with every starter box is a code bundled, you can enter on the FFG page.

Pick a clan you like to represent and vote on story decisions for your clan.

It would be a rather straight forward solution how to get the player base involved in story decisions.

I can already see people buying more products just to get more votes...

To be quite blunt... Would that be a bad thing?

If somebody cares so much for the game that is only incentive to by another starter box is the additional vote... Let him have his extra vote!

To be quite blunt... Would that be a bad thing?

If somebody cares so much for the game that is only incentive to by another starter box is the additional vote... Let him have his extra vote!

I didn't said it would a bad thing. ;)

Would not even mind it if a code would be in every product (like saying later RPG books and so on) and one can link them all into one account. But I would say, make it possible to cange the faction affiliation, so that when more clans become available people can switch to the things they might not get at release but feel attached to because of the many years they already know the franchise.

I like the idea would tie the L5R brand together even more tightly.

:lol: I kinda like this idea.

I actually dislike the Idea of generating influence with disposal income. Yes it would be a good business model cause it can generate high turnovers for FFG but it also would become like our law system I can buy the outcome I want.

what I like at the system is that I can´t do this. Actually the bounties for stroy prizes where nothing I liked at all but at least it was not so easy to buy like this would be.

Yes I think a change in the system how to influence the story is needed but I don´t want it to be a who has more money system. Actually I would like that it would be a who invests more time system.

So like for each participated tournement you get some point which you can use to support your clan of choice for the next story option. This option would favor people who play more often over people with more money

but it also would give anyone the chance to do something for the clan if they invest enough time.

I think the old challenge booths were a nice idea. I think the bounty system was okay the beginning, but then the hyper competative people began to faction jump for money and I think that got out of control to the point of derailing the story.

I do think there should be an Imperial Assembly but I'd rather it be more of a story telling element device than anything else. Of course, some promos every now and again!

Hmmm, I should have spent all my koku! All 10k of it!

Yeah, I've been sitting on some as well, hoping for the game to catch on again. May have lost the battle, but I hope the war is a winner.

No thanks.

I think L5R 2.0 should just start off with a box with (the same) cards in them.

Let's take this slow and avoid many of those past mistakes.

Yeah, FFG's pretty good about keeping promo cards limited to alt-art versions of standard cards readily available at retail.

I can't see them doing mechanically distinct promos for L5R, nor would I want them.

Yeah, FFG's pretty good about keeping promo cards limited to alt-art versions of standard cards readily available at retail.

I can't see them doing mechanically distinct promos for L5R, nor would I want them.

Yeah I like when a year or so back, the started making it so when you bought a GOT box, you got 3 copies of every card. Meaning you no longer had to buy 3 of the same box.

Here is dreaming for L5R.

Yeah I like when a year or so back, the started making it so when you bought a GOT box, you got 3 copies of every card. Meaning you no longer had to buy 3 of the same box.

Yep, that's true across all their LCGs. Although it should be noted that core sets are the exception. I believe the new AGoT core is one of each card, for example.

Still much better than a CCG, and expansions will be one copy for 3x going forward.

I assume L5R will be the same in all respects.

I get confused when people say CCG is better than LCG. I mean, for the single power-rare market, sure. Otherwise? I'm puzzled by it.

I actually would not like to see special Promo cards only available through something like this... Alt art and foil promos are ok in my book.

Just voting on story decisions is all I want.

I agree. The promo-only cards defeats the purpose of the LCG model which is to give full access to all players.

No need to dream all LCG expansions are like that.