Nezumi/Ratlings

By OneThatFishes, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Sharp-Sharp Stick into hearts of all who don't want Nezumi return to Rokugan. ;)

So Nezumi speak like Skaven? :blink:

Sort of. But much less evil. Although there was one tribe that was quite evil.

I played Ratling in my first non-prerelesae tournament ever, back in 2000, with the Heroes of Rokugan Stronghold, lol. I never played them when they got good 5+ years later, but they had a pretty die-hard crew.

I would not like them to return as a faction, per se, as it would further dilute the seemingly limited card pool, but I would like a few rats per cycle as nuetral cards.

I would not like them to return as a faction, per se, as it would further dilute the seemingly limited card pool, but I would like a few rats per cycle as nuetral cards.

So...uh...kind of like ewoks?

*ducks*

Having been a die-hard Ratling player for when they were legal, I would love to see them have a presence. However, I think they should not get their own stronghold out of the gate. Something like that can be given later down the line. I will say that Mat'chek was never dead ;) .

i would like nezumi will arrive in the game again, as the shadowlands with onis and powerfull creatures (i really don´t like the spider clan, shadowlands in the court…. :( ) so i will happy to see again (like much other players) the nezumi in rokugan.

Maybe, now that it is an LCG, FFG might make a seperate box-set for non-human additions to the game, including how to implement them? With difference for each clan?

Maybe they make one for minor clans too?

We shall see!

*bowing to OneThatFishes in respect*

I guess you'll have to feed those Naga something, so why not?

I guess you'll have to feed those Naga something, so why not?

Don't feed 'em a **** thing. Let them keep sleeping.

Me personally, would be entertained at the very least if there was at most one ratling clan card per clan.

Hated Nezumi and Naga with all my heart. But I'm a dirty human supremacist and I never play non-human races in RPG and non human factions in games, so I'm biased :P .

Don't mind them as occasional neutral faction or Guest Faction Of The Week.

Edited by WHW

Im kinda sad we won't wind up seeing Naga now, unless FFG carries forward with whatever story plan was for them. That faction was my first faction in L5R when the Shadowlands set launched. I think seeing Ratlings/Naga as a few cards would be nice to acknowledge what's come before, but my hope on them being a playable faction any time soon is low.

My biggest problem with Ratling as a faction is that when they were dominating, they were dominating everything and warping the environment along with it. For a stretch all stories were ratling stories and all heroes were ratling heroes. It was to the point where dialogue was tough to read, and the story team was having to add asterisks to story prizes saying that ratlings could support another clan with their victories. I don't mind them as cameo characters or even supporting characters, but when the entire design and story has to bend to accommodate them, it gets a little... goofy.

My biggest problem with Ratling as a faction is that when they were dominating, they were dominating everything and warping the environment along with it. For a stretch all stories were ratling stories and all heroes were ratling heroes. It was to the point where dialogue was tough to read, and the story team was having to add asterisks to story prizes saying that ratlings could support another clan with their victories. I don't mind them as cameo characters or even supporting characters, but when the entire design and story has to bend to accommodate them, it gets a little... goofy.

Quiet understandable. That was mostly the biggest strength and their weakness, was how they were designed mechanically. Its like if in AGoT there was a Jester House and they were the faction that was played for laughs story-wise and yet mechanically they were one of the better factions in the game and were reliably winning tournaments. Its understandable in that there is a dissonance between the tone of the story and what is actually happening. The tone of the actual story being very serious while we have Ratlings that are more of an effective fighting force than most clans, matched by the Unicorn and barely getting beat out by the Crane.

Edited by OneThatFishes

Quiet understandable. That was mostly the biggest strength and their weakness, was how they were designed mechanically. Its like if in AGoT there was a Jester House and they were the faction that was played for laughs story-wise and yet mechanically they were one of the better factions in the game and were reliably winning tournaments. Its understandable in that there is a dissonance between the tone of the story and what is actually happening. The tone of the actual story being very serious while we have Ratlings that are more of an effective fighting force than most clans, matched by the Unicorn and barely getting beat out by the Crane.

That's a good way to summarize it. I actually really enjoyed playing them with the original Heroes of Rokugan box as the deck I pulled out when my competitive deck was too much for whoever I was playing. (I was competitive in Gold and early Diamond. I make no claims for any arc outside of that.) I did the same thing with the various ronin and unaligned boxes that were printed later.